Power is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it turns out the power is out. Got up to take a leak and noticed. Got to thinking I think I do remember a pop/light boom sound as I was starting to go to sleep. Ever notice how even when you know the power is out that you still try to turn electric things on? Been sitting here over an hour enjoying an oil lamp and kerosene heater that I fired up when I realized the power was out. Then reported the outage. Walked to bathroom to take a leak a while ago and still trying to turn on the light switch. Now I gotta stay up till the power comes on just to find out what all I’ve turned on.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I can tell other folks are out too. Also, there is a yard light on the power companies side of the meter that is also out. I mean it might be the breaker on the transformer but nothing I can flip myself.

That reminds me! On a related topic, I also have a yard light, and it appears to be upstream of my meter. The wood pole on which it was mounted rotted through at the base, and the whole thing fell over. I didn’t want to mess with it due to what appears to be live wires coming in from the street; whose responsibility is the yard light in this case? Does the power company actually provide unmetered electricity to such lights?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That reminds me! On a related topic, I also have a yard light, and it appears to be upstream of my meter. The wood pole on which it was mounted rotted through at the base, and the whole thing fell over. I didn’t want to mess with it due to what appears to be live wires coming in from the street; whose responsibility is the yard light in this case? Does the power company actually provide unmetered electricity to such lights?
In our case they charge us a monthly rate for the light. So I always call immediately if there’s issues with ours because you get charged working or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom