Power is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That reminds me! On a related topic, I also have a yard light, and it appears to be upstream of my meter. The wood pole on which it was mounted rotted through at the base, and the whole thing fell over. I didn’t want to mess with it due to what appears to be live wires coming in from the street; whose responsibility is the yard light in this case? Does the power company actually provide unmetered electricity to such lights?
Look on your elec bill and if a security light is listed as a monthly charge then the light was installed by the power company and they are responsible for maintaining it, they should come out and replace the pole for you with no charge and if the light isnt working and hasnt since the pole fell sometimes they will give you credit for the time it wasnt working but not always.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put a quick connect pin in the opener something like on a trailer hitch if it’s not secure enough drill the hole out and use a lock.

The gate opener behind my place is battery operated and has a solar recharger.
I’m not directly laughing at your comment, but I think you should probably read the OP’s other thread about his gate opener.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put a quick connect pin in the opener something like on a trailer hitch if it’s not secure enough drill the hole out and use a lock.

The gate opener behind my place is battery operated and has a solar recharger.

I’m not directly laughing at your comment, but I think you should probably read the OP’s other thread about his gate opener.

Yeppers...

...I suspect that Cowcatcher's "opener" wouldn't appreciate a hitch pin latch pin..

Latest posts

Top Bottom