Power outage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Major outage for Canadian valley customers. Thursday 7-29 I get home from work and the lovely wife has a loaf of bread in the bread machine. Dinner when I'm ready, well before we were able to sit down and the bread finished the power goes out.. +/- 7pm dinner was foiled by that as well as the bread.. I called the sonic and they had power so we endured a sonic dinner.. 11pm rolls around and still no power, our freezers are full of homegrown meats and veggies.. No power means no water either, the wife was looking for a shower before her dr visit today. So after a 9 hr day in the heat I've got to deal with this lol. Birthday suit and slippers off to save the day, I get the generator in place, filled the tank and gathered power cords. NO wind even in the birthday suit it was too warm and the biting bugs had access to my rump roast lol. Picture that lol.
The 2 freezers are heavy full as well as the fridge, I had to throw a loop over all 3 and pull away from the wall, such fun. 11:30 mission accomplished, I got the 3 appliances running and a box fan for the better half since she doesn't tolerate the heat as well as this guy.. Occurrences like this point out one's weak spots so now to address those weak spots.. No food loss thankfully, didn't sleep well but this clown kept his honey cool and chuckling with his sexual comments.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Major outage for Canadian valley customers. +/- 7pm dinner was foiled by that as well as the bread.. I called the sonic and they had power so we endured a sonic dinner..

Home made dinner traded to SONIC would be the worst news for me. Good ya got everything on the GENNY. Might want to look into an inlet and interlock kit for future outages. Any idea how long you will be without?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home made dinner traded to SONIC would be the worst news for me. Good ya got everything on the GENNY. Might want to look into an inlet and interlock kit for future outages. Any idea how long you will be without?
Power was restored about 4 am, so we're good, yes we are always looking to make life more secure. However not every man has an abundance of green slaves at his disposal.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power was restored about 4 am, so we're good, yes we are always looking to make life more secure. However not every man has an abundance of green slaves at his disposal.
If your handy It might be cheaper then you think. The interlock kit is 65-75 the breaker is another 20. Inlet can be had for 30.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ain't that the truth. We went to visit my mother this morning and came home to no power. I had to swap batteries in my portable O2 and we went "shopping" at stores that had working AC. Sadly we actually found a good buy and spent a little money.

I would love to be able to afford a natural gas whole house gen to help keep my regular O2 going and the AC on for those of us on meds that do not let us handle heat. The older couple across the street would be asked over every time we lost power. :P

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Major outage for Canadian valley customers. Thursday 7-29 I get home from work and the lovely wife has a loaf of bread in the bread machine. Dinner when I'm ready, well before we were able to sit down and the bread finished the power goes out.. +/- 7pm dinner was foiled by that as well as the bread.. I called the sonic and they had power so we endured a sonic dinner.. 11pm rolls around and still no power, our freezers are full of homegrown meats and veggies.. No power means no water either, the wife was looking for a shower before her dr visit today. So after a 9 hr day in the heat I've got to deal with this lol. Birthday suit and slippers off to save the day, I get the generator in place, filled the tank and gathered power cords. NO wind even in the birthday suit it was too warm and the biting bugs had access to my rump roast lol. Picture that lol.
The 2 freezers are heavy full as well as the fridge, I had to throw a loop over all 3 and pull away from the wall, such fun. 11:30 mission accomplished, I got the 3 appliances running and a box fan for the better half since she doesn't tolerate the heat as well as this guy.. Occurrences like this point out one's weak spots so now to address those weak spots.. No food loss thankfully, didn't sleep well but this clown kept his honey cool and chuckling with his sexual comments.

But another extension cord and a male end. Put it in place of the female end and use it to back feed your service. TURN OFF THE MAIN FIRST. It'll save having to move those freezers.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this legal?

Why wouldn’t it be? Your generating your own electricity with your own generator and feeding it into your house. My FIL did this with the back feed going into the 220 outlet for the dryer. The dryer vent was on an outside wall and he’d feed the cord in through it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom