Power outage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Large power outage in the Tulsa area.

FD4FB3DE-8FFF-4A8C-A590-8500CFB0AE48.jpeg

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PSA since talking power outage. Here's something that may be useful info which I didn't realize until recently. Like most homes in OK, we have a water softener. It's just my wife and I so we don't use as much as a family with 4. Our water softener setting was based on usage. Recently I noticed the salt was going down must faster than normal. Well, we had a long lasting power outage so the softener reverted to the default setting. Had a tech come out and he set the defaults to our current setting so this won't happen again.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power is back on, Cox is not.

My kholer ats didn’t work but I manually started the generator , disconnected the meter(via 200 amp switch I had installed when the ats was installed) and switches the ats manually. That worked fine but I guess I need to have the ats checked.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Power is back on, Cox is not.

My kholer ats didn’t work but I manually started the generator , disconnected the meter(via 200 amp switch I had installed when the ats was installed) and switches the ats manually. That worked fine but I guess I need to have the ats checked.
Just out of curiosity how old is your system? Reason I ask is that is one main reason I pushed my mom towards a Generac whole house system. Kohler's generators are pretty comparable to Generac (or they were then), but their ATS sucked. I read a ton of people posting horrible reviews about the ATS.

Mom's Generac smart switch has been rock solid so far and it's been awhile. Several years past warranty. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom