Practical Shootings Defensive Vehicle Assault class AAR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P82nd

Marksman
Reaction score
What do you mean?

As COOL and exciting as it is shooting through a winshield, the videos show the Product of the training. I'm not impressed with the product. My buddies and I had a big laugh at the videos, because the derivatives of training obviously were not extraplated from doctrine developed through any real experience or lessons.

Hearing the instructor shout "Contact front/left/right" and letting most of the students fire with no cover, control, communication, or coaching is a clear indication that the instructor has little or no doctrine (or experience) to follow. He may have a lot of experience as a beat cop (or SWAT)... he may have developed the curriculum himself, but without a firm foundation of realistic-doctrine... it's just PRACTICOOL... not PRACTICAL.

TroyF

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The instructor calling out commands was a Force Recon Marine and did several tours over yonder with Blackwater. He has been there and done that.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As COOL and exciting as it is shooting through a winshield, the videos show the Product of the training. I'm not impressed with the product. My buddies and I had a big laugh at the videos, because the derivatives of training obviously were not extraplated from doctrine developed through any real experience or lessons.

Hearing the instructor shout "Contact front/left/right" and letting most of the students fire with no cover, control, communication, or coaching is a clear indication that the instructor has little or no doctrine (or experience) to follow. He may have a lot of experience as a beat cop (or SWAT)... he may have developed the curriculum himself, but without a firm foundation of realistic-doctrine... it's just PRACTICOOL... not PRACTICAL.

That's an awful lot of assumptions to make from a 60 second video.........

Thinking you know a lot more than you do is a sign of inexperience or poor judgment or both.

Michael Brown

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dude, stay the hell out of the training forum and go back to the general discussion section where you can talk about your airsoft techniques that you and your "buddies" practice.

If you want to come out and train with us then you are more than welcome. However, until you prove yourself as someone worthy of listening to then maybe you should keep your opinion to another forum section.

And if you're going to try and use big words then spell check them before you post. Credibility is pertinent when you're trying to pontificate.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we can start a new thread for this, and stop shatting in this AAR? By the way, good call with using pontificate. I'd give you bonus points if I could

P82nd

Marksman
Reaction score
The instructor calling out commands was a Force Recon Marine and did several tours over yonder with Blackwater. He has been there and done that.

You can't just throw out the words "force recon marine" and "blackwater"... or even "been there and done that" and expect people to blindly follow.

Sounds like Wes was calling most of the commands... heck I half-expected a beep from a Speed-Timer to start the iteration.

For those of us who jumped in over there, and driven in the green zone in a 4-door Ford Ranger with no armor or ballistic glass - and taken/ returned fire during dynamic evasive manuevers - the training was, at the very least, amateurish.

not assumption... observation.

P82nd

Marksman
Reaction score
Dude, stay the hell out of the training forum and go back to the general discussion section where you can talk about your airsoft techniques that you and your "buddies" practice.

If you want to come out and train with us then you are more than welcome. However, until you prove yourself as someone worthy of listening to then maybe you should keep your opinion to another forum section.

And if you're going to try and use big words then spell check them before you post. Credibility is pertinent when you're trying to pontificate.

THIS IS AN... AAR... RIGHT? Anyone in military and law enforcement knows you have to take the good and bad critiques.

What was supposed to happen - vs -What did happen. How can we make it better?

If you guys want to feed each other's egos, drink the Kool-Aid, and wear your UnderArmor and Oakleys... thinking that "you're all that, and a bag of chips", go right ahead - but if you want to improve... then listen, discuss, learn, and grow.

Don't take it so personal... after all... this is an online forum.

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS IS AN... AAR... RIGHT? Anyone in military and law enforcement knows you have to take the good and bad critiques.

What was supposed to happen - vs -What did happen. How can we make it better?

If you guys want to feed each other's egos, drink the Kool-Aid, and wear your UnderArmor and Oakleys... thinking that "you're all that, and a bag of chips", go right ahead - but if you want to improve... then listen, discuss, learn, and grow.

Don't take it so personal... after all... this is an online forum.

What part of "Action" in the AFTER ACTION REPORT did you partake in? I don't recall you being there to develop an opinion regarding this matter.

The class was great. It was informational as well as functional for us in law enforcement. The instructors are top notch and more than willing to entertain suggestions/recommendations. Unfortunately one would not know this by watching four short videos online.

Again, I highly encourage you to show up and form a real opinion before you base one solely on four videos that are less than four hours worth of training and critiquing methods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom