Prayers (and help) for me nephew...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedrill3200

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew is in need of a kidney and pancreas transplant. So this Saturday, February 4th, we (his family) is hosting a chili supper at the Holdenville Oklahoma high school...

View attachment 343899

A little backstory on this guy. When Mrs. GED and I were dating, Shawn was around 8 years old. He was her baby angel. He hung around us a lot. He and I used to fish practically every day when school was out for the summer.

Shawn is an avid outdoorsman. I think he was probably 10 years old when he got his first buck. He hunts everything and would be as happy as a chimp on rollerskates if he could make a living hunting and fishing.

Sadly, his health has prevented this and his passion for the field has been compromised. At the age of 11, Shawn was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Life as a diabetic comes with challenges and hurdles, and four years ago another challenge was thrown Shawn’s direction when he was diagnosed with Stage Three Chronic Kidney Disease. Through diet changes and the help of a great nephrologist, Shawn was able to slow the progression of this disease. Three months ago, however, Shawn’s lab showed that he would need to be placed on the transplant list for a kidney/pancreas, and our journey with transplant began.

I realize that Holdenville Oklahoma is hell and gone from most of my brethren and brethrenetts here at OSA, but what you can't help with by your presence and donation, you can help with by saying a prayer for my buddy. He and his wife Carrie have three sons, Tyler 19, Hunter 17 and Hayden 15. These kids sure need you thoughts and prayers.

If for some reason you do find yourself in Holdenville this weekend, I'll be there (I'm the big ol boy in overalls) making my famous chili. It's not award winning, but I've been told by many that it is legendary! :thumb:

Come see me and meet this awesome young man and his HUGE family.

:thanku:
We will be there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that the chili supper was a HUGE success. We had a good turnout and we raised almost $10K for Shawn.

I also want to thank everybody for all the prayers and a handful of members here that sent donations. They are very, very much appreciated. :bowdown:

This kid is in for a long haul. If you knew him, he would definitely be one of us. He's been an avid sportsman his entire life and to see that taken away from him because of his declining health is just heartbreaking.

Again, on behalf of the entire family, thank you ever so much for helping save this young man's life.

You guys ROCK!!! :thanku:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE...

Well, my nephew received a kidney and pancreas today. All I know is a young 20 something year old feller lost his life today and from his organs, Shawn has a chance and opportunity to continue to live his. My heart goes out to that young man's family and I applaud him for choosing to be an organ donor.

Shawn is in surgery as we speak. The kidney is in place and his body is accepting it well. They're about to install the pancreas now. Please continue to pray for him because he's not quite out of the woods yet.

A big shoutout and mucho gracias to all of you here that supported him throughout this entire ordeal, whether it be through money, prayers or just a kind word, my family thanks you.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
UPDATE...

Well, my nephew received a kidney and pancreas today. All I know is a young 20 something year old feller lost his life today and from his organs, Shawn has a chance and opportunity to continue to live his. My heart goes out to that young man's family and I applaud him for choosing to be an organ donor.

Shawn is in surgery as we speak. The kidney is in place and his body is accepting it well. They're about to install the pancreas now. Please continue to pray for him because he's not quite out of the woods yet.

A big shoutout and mucho gracias to all of you here that supported him throughout this entire ordeal, whether it be through money, prayers or just a kind word, my family thanks you.

Great news, hope all goes well, prayers for all involved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom