Prayers needed...going under the knife. Graphic video inside. View with caution...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers from here as well.

As for general anesthetic, my first was for a colonoscopy. There I was, being attended to by two young ladies, one of whom was a blonde and kept asking me questions. Next thing I remembered was a brunette asking me if I wanted a Dr. Pepper.

I've always wondered if the "staff" had a tendency to ask me questions while I was out and whether I would be embarrassed by those questions. (Maybe that's an old wife's tale?)

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers from here as well.

As for general anesthetic, my first was for a colonoscopy. There I was, being attended to by two young ladies, one of whom was a blonde and kept asking me questions. Next thing I remembered was a brunette asking me if I wanted a Dr. Pepper.

I've always wondered if the "staff" had a tendency to ask me questions while I was out and whether I would be embarrassed by those questions. (Maybe that's an old wife's tale?)
My son is usually very quiet and reserved. But when he was waking up from general anesthesia, for some reason he got very chatty. He talked his head off, almost incoherently, for 30 minutes before they released us to leave.

As they were wheeling him out to the car, he turned around and shouted back to the nurses, "I better not see any of this on youtube!"
:pms2:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
POSTPONED!!! :pissed:

Well, I showed up this morning at 0530, like they said. Went to registration, like they said. Sat in the waiting room and waited, like they said. Finally got called, and went to the smaller waiting room, and stripped off and put on that backless "I see you" gown and climbed up on the thing, and waited, like they said. Saw a half dozen different nurses who all basically asked me the same questions and even received a nice little IV stuck in the back of my hand. And was told to hang out, the dr will be her soon. So I did...like they said. :grumble:

So...approximately 1.5 hours later, my dr shows. Ah, here we go, I thought to myself. The quicker we do this, the quicker I FINALLY get some water. I usually drink about a gallon a day and since midnight last night, I haven't had a drop.

"So sorry...I have bad news," the dr says.

:uhwhat:

"Yeah, they don't have the proper catheters that I use for this procedure, so we gotta reschedule. Sorry."

:angry3:

So. A wasted trip, wasted time and now I gotta deal with my boss, who's pissed at me already. So, stay tuned for more drama boys and girls. :grumble:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, dammmmmm! That just ain't right! I can't believe they didn't make sure they had all the necessary "tools" to accomplish your procedure! Sorry you had to go through this, man. We'll keep you in our prayers. Let us know when the 'repeat performance' is scheduled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom