Prayers needed...going under the knife. Graphic video inside. View with caution...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
POSTPONED!!! :pissed:

Well, I showed up this morning at 0530, like they said. Went to registration, like they said. Sat in the waiting room and waited, like they said. Finally got called, and went to the smaller waiting room, and stripped off and put on that backless "I see you" gown and climbed up on the thing, and waited, like they said. Saw a half dozen different nurses who all basically asked me the same questions and even received a nice little IV stuck in the back of my hand. And was told to hang out, the dr will be her soon. So I did...like they said. :grumble:

So...approximately 1.5 hours later, my dr shows. Ah, here we go, I thought to myself. The quicker we do this, the quicker I FINALLY get some water. I usually drink about a gallon a day and since midnight last night, I haven't had a drop.

"So sorry...I have bad news," the dr says.

:uhwhat:

"Yeah, they don't have the proper catheters that I use for this procedure, so we gotta reschedule. Sorry."

:angry3:

So. A wasted trip, wasted time and now I gotta deal with my boss, who's pissed at me already. So, stay tuned for more drama boys and girls. :grumble:

I feel your pain. I was scheduled for knee surgery on 10-29. On the day before they called me and told me my chest X-ray that they had taken 3 weeks before was abnormal. Of course I can’t see a pulmonologist until 11-14 so had to reschedule for 11-19. I have scar tissue on my lungs from pneumonia but they wouldn’t accept my statement on that. At least I wasn’t at the hospital like you were when they told me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That truly sucks. Consider it a dress rehearsal. I had my gall bladder taken out on Monday, Nov 1st. That went pretty smooth; my showtime was at like 7:00AM and the surgery was scheduled and started on time at 9:30AM. But during the operation, they found some other issues (surprise!) involving stones stuck up in some ductwork in there somewhere which was all swollen up and inflamed and which required a second procedure to be done the next day by a different doctor...so, I had nothing to eat or drink on Sunday night after midnight, then when I finally got out of recovery on Monday after the first trip to the O.R., they let me have some kind of strained broth and a sip of water later that afternoon, then back on nothing until the next day's surgery scheduled at 11:00AM...then it got postponed to 12:00...1:00...2:00...3:00... then finally, at 3:30PM on Tuesday, they wheeled me back. I had a humongous headache, was dehydrated, and in serious caffeine withdrawal mode...and my gut hurt from the previous day's surgery. But they just kept me waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Second procedure, when I finally got back there, also went fine, and when I came to, they actually brought me a tray of food and a lukewarm cup of hospital coffee. I opened the tray...saw an undetermined mush-like substance. Grits? Pulverized chicken? Watered-down Alpo? Never figured it out. Ugh. (But I ate it). But thanks to my buddy Jimmy, I was fortified by a hamburger he brought me later that evening in the hospital. A dry, plain, Ronald McDonald hamburger...man did it ever taste good! Was kinda hard to choke it down, but I managed.

I hate the part about nothing to eat or drink after midnight. I always try to schedule any surgery for as early as I can, so I can get back on track with my routine, but sometimes, stuff happens. Sure makes you appreciate when it all goes according to plan though. Good luck on the second time around.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers sent.

We all really hope they do not get you confused with another patient. We would prefer not to see you with a boob job. :P

Seriously, good luck man.

Make sure you check reviews and have trust in your doctor too.
drunk doc.png

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
POSTPONED!!! :pissed:

Well, I showed up this morning at 0530, like they said. Went to registration, like they said. Sat in the waiting room and waited, like they said. Finally got called, and went to the smaller waiting room, and stripped off and put on that backless "I see you" gown and climbed up on the thing, and waited, like they said. Saw a half dozen different nurses who all basically asked me the same questions and even received a nice little IV stuck in the back of my hand. And was told to hang out, the dr will be her soon. So I did...like they said. :grumble:

So...approximately 1.5 hours later, my dr shows. Ah, here we go, I thought to myself. The quicker we do this, the quicker I FINALLY get some water. I usually drink about a gallon a day and since midnight last night, I haven't had a drop.

"So sorry...I have bad news," the dr says.

:uhwhat:

"Yeah, they don't have the proper catheters that I use for this procedure, so we gotta reschedule. Sorry."

:angry3:

So. A wasted trip, wasted time and now I gotta deal with my boss, who's pissed at me already. So, stay tuned for more drama boys and girls. :grumble:
I probably would've blown my top. No, not probably, I would've blown my top. Of course, I would've put my regular clothes on before blowing my top cuz an angry me with my back end showing wouldn't look very serious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom