Pre - emergent for small lawn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was one over there. My lawn was a disaster when I moved in a couple years ago. First year I learned to kill moles and gophers and fixed the grade and raked it all with a tractor. All I had was little bermuda sprigs everywhere. I watered and fertilized it like crazy that summer. Last year I had a company spray it cost around $110 they were horrible and waited to long to get my PE down. So I fired them. I hate crab grass with a passion. So in late summer I changed to Bixby Lawn America but its $125 a treatment and 7 treatments a year. I have Part of me likes having them do it because its always on time and it looks great and saves me the hassle. Part of me would like to recoup some of that cost. Have you been using liquid or granular? What are you spending per treatment do you think? I have a half acre also.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was one over there. My lawn was a disaster when I moved in a couple years ago. First year I learned to kill moles and gophers and fixed the grade and raked it all with a tractor. All I had was little bermuda sprigs everywhere. I watered and fertilized it like crazy that summer. Last year I had a company spray it cost around $110 they were horrible and waited to long to get my PE down. So I fired them. I hate crab grass with a passion. So in late summer I changed to Bixby Lawn America but its $125 a treatment and 7 treatments a year. I have Part of me likes having them do it because its always on time and it looks great and saves me the hassle. Part of me would like to recoup some of that cost. Have you been using liquid or granular? What are you spending per treatment do you think? I have a half acre also.

I was using lawn america for the exact same price as you . I am due for my next round in a few weeks . It will be preemergent granules and 2 50# bag of fertilizer for about 60$ . The fertilizer is like 16$ per bag.....CHEAP

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once bermuda goes dormant and its 100% cut loose with the round up while all the weeds are still green. Same thing come early spring right before bermuda starts to green up mix some round up and preemergent in the same tank to a 2 for 1 spray, prodimine is a good preemergent, just remember a PE needs to be watered in a little and once applied don't disturb the soil or weeds will pop up, once you get those weeds gone bermuda loves fertilizer the thicker it is less chance of having weeds. Downside is if your neighbors have a weedy lawn you will get infested when the wind blows the seeds into your yard.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually paid to have the part of neighbors yard that joins mine, money well spent. Always have had a nice green ya4d until this year, don’t know what happened? Heavy spring rains where we were soaked for a month or yard man messed up when spraying this spring. It’s coming back but I water every day for the last month.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually paid to have the part of neighbors yard that joins mine, money well spent. Always have had a nice green ya4d until this year, don’t know what happened? Heavy spring rains where we were soaked for a month or yard man messed up when spraying this spring. It’s coming back but I water every day for the last month.
Yup all the rain washed out the pre-emergent. My lawn service even sent out a letter in early June I think saying that weeds would be more likely this year and to make sure and call for spot spraying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom