Precision Armament M4-72 Severe Duty Compensator / Muzzle Brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M4-72-SEVERE-DUTY-TACTICAL-AR-15-MUZZLE-COMPENSATOR-3.jpg

Product Specifications
◾Material: HTSR 416 stainless steel bar, HRC 26-32
◾Finish: Ionbond® CrCN matte black – or – Stainless steel matte finish

.223 Caliber / 5.56mm
◾Thread: 1/2-28 TPI
◾Length: 2.250″
◾Diameter: 0.865″
◾Weight: 2.6 oz.

Cost $90

So I was looking to see what all the fuss was about with muzzle brakes on ARs and stumbled upon this article. They ranked the m4-72 as best in both the first and second batches they tested so I thought id give it a shot. Long story short, it works and works well. I don't see how it can work any better honestly.

First gun I put one on was a Billet Loki 5.56 with a 16" barrel and non adjustable gas block. Going from an A2 flash hider to the PA unit was night and day, the muzzle barely rises at all, follow up shot times are drastically reduced. It is MEGA HOLY COW loud though.

Next gun is my frankenAR I just put together specifically with 3 gun in mind. I got a stag 3G brake from a buddy and adjustable gas block thinking surely the combo will be as good as the loki with non adj block. Not even close. I have the gas cut back pretty good on the thing and it was still rising off target a considerable amount. Replaced the stag 3G with the m4-72 and now its flat as can be, muzzle rise eliminated once again. So im a believer.

Not the best review but thought I would share my experience with the product in case any of you are in the market for a new compensator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom