Predator Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Reader's Digest article mentioned the bomb in question had been apparently been forgotton for years. I'm sure the surveyor could read if the signs had remained. And they may not have even been required back then, if the bait units were unregulated. :anyone:
I totally understand your concern. Back in the 50's and early 60's there were bounty's on coyotes. $3 to $7 per pair of ears if I can remember right.
My uncle and friends hunted them on horseback or riding mules which was much safer with grey hounds in Osage County which was largely unfenced at the time.
Government folks came in using raw meat with cyanide and a simple stake with a flag on it. There were lots of secondary kills using that method. Avian, canine and omnivores. When the secondary kills occurred landowners put a stop to it. I still remember looking out the side of the truck when a kid at one of those flags just on the other side of the fence.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever happened to OSA's IMHUNTN? I think I got his name right. Call him and his boys to clean them coyotes up.
Actually saw Lonny on one of the ODW Sunday shows last week. He was much younger then in his business at Stillwater giving a reason why he liked to hunt, etc.
We used to keep in touch outside of OSA occasionally as we were both competition shooters as well, but haven't heard from him in a couple of years.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever happened to OSA's IMHUNTN? I think I got his name right. Call him and his boys to clean that situation up. They were hell on coyotes.
Aren't there still Government Trappers that you can call to help you with situations like this?
Being an absentee landowner, I’ve got a huge problem with turning folks I don’t know loose on my place when I’m not going to be there (even if they’re from the govt and here to help). If these are my options, I’ll just have to live with the coyotes...:censored:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes there are stil Govt trappers, the one up here is good, and he won't hesitate to bring in air craft if needed. They gunned down dozens one weekend not too far NW of me a couple of years ago in the hills and canyons. The kid that traps that area caught just as many that winter as he always does lol. I think the only thing that can control them is themselves and the food chain or lack of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom