Predator hunting in the Rocky's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two of us tagged out on the first day of our elk hunt in NM, so we loaded up the predator call and hit the timber looking for meadows. First set was in a saddle, surrounded by heavy timber. After calling for 20 some minutes, I saw a bush tail coming my way behind some rocks. Then there were two tails. WHOOT!
When they came into sight about 150 yds away, I thought these were the biggest coyotes I'd ever seen. One turned its head, and I saw the collar. Looked at my buddy and just shrugged. Then the closest dog started barking. He was looking off to the side, so I looked there, and a coyote was standing at the edge of the canyon. My buddy was inline with the yote, so just pointed and said kill him! He had to swing around and take an offhand shot but he hit it at 70 some yards. He rolled into the canyon. Tried to get some pics, but he just looked like another rock, and it wasn't worth the effort to go down there. We made 4 sets total, and didn't see anything else. The scenery was beautiful though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom