Predator hunting in the Rocky's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recognize those photos. I think I have walked over everyone of those meadows a time or two over the years. There are cougars and bears on the ranch. I think it was last year that Dennis found some fairly fresh cougar tracks, maybe it was the year before. I am returning to the ranch in May to assist the family in doing some pasture remediation and I will have my eyes and ears open, hoping not to hear that hair raising scream of a lion.

We have been fortunate to have several opportunities to do some yote hunting while on our elk hunts. Do you know what it looks like to see a yote hit by a .300 win mag in the shoulder and a .338 mag in the hindquarter???? Let's just say that it wasn't pretty. 1 report and 2 shots.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought all those mountain coyotes were gorgeous and pale and would be worth crawling into a canyon for. Was this a mangy one? I see the predator hunting shows from the mt states and Canada and am drooling to get one of those heavy furred pale hides.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought all those mountain coyotes were gorgeous and pale and would be worth crawling into a canyon for. Was this a mangy one? I see the predator hunting shows from the mt states and Canada and am drooling to get one of those heavy furred pale hides.

The coyote that was shot looked no different than ours. Not very long hair, but a nice bushy tail.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pics man, I saw some yotes while me and the wife were out in the Angel Fire area last summer, was drooling to do some calling in those high altitude meadows myself! Congrats on the elk and predator oppurtunities!

Latest posts

Top Bottom