Predator kills! Photos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Photobucket sucks now. When I upload pics they get blurry. But anyways called in a double on the first stand this morning. Called the first one in from over a mile, took a 125y shot and put him down. He was mangy and really bloody so no pic of him. The second came from behind us and snuck down a draw towards the call. At 25 yards he crossed my line of sight and I popped him. His belly was full of something, had to weigh close to 40# even though he really wasn't all that big.

i416.photobucket.com_albums_pp247_wormydog1724_1F1C47B7_2180_4f3ad5c9a6392e8f1c4a7ca605358a7ec.jpg

Bison 16" recon barrel 6.8 SPC
AAC SDN6 can
S3G trigger
TR20-2 accupoint
SSA 85gr TSX

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, he looks well fed. Is that a new rifle in your collection? I keep toying with a 6.5 Grendel.
Haven't looked at your caliber yet.
Your thoughts?

That's the same old Remington R-15 I've had forever. Had it redipped in a more functional camo. And I rebarreled it to 6.8 SPC, put the Troy TRX-E on while I was at it, and basically changed everything else except the takedown pins. It's a damn fine spotter and does number on coyotes.

I've never compared the 6.8 SPC to the 6.5 G, but I know that topic has been beat to death in a lot of places. The number of different bullets and availability of commercially loaded ammo was my determining factor, and now that federal has begun producing 6.8 ammo, it's even better. Saw a coyote by my house on my way to work this morning. Think I'll try I call him in before supper.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove across the border to the free state of Texas for a quick night hunt. Called in one within 5 minutes, pretty sure I missed. Two more came in 10 minutes later, ran right passed me at 10 yards, killed the first one while the second one slipped into the tall grass. It kept barking about 50 yards away and I finally got a clear shot through the grass, not sure if I hit it either. I tentatively looked but didn't feel comfortable walking through that waist high grass in the dark with a potentially wounded/dangerous animal lurking in the midsts. I'm going back down there after work to search the area. I doubt I'll find anything. I need an IR illuminator.

i416.photobucket.com_albums_pp247_wormydog1724_279C7A02_21C6_425213d6425018d8f2e29e81dc6d91eb7.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom