Pregnant Librarian killed in road rage incident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Apparently she hit the motorcyclist and then left the scene. He and a witness followed her home and the shooting occurred with her being the aggressor. Terrible situation.

Not the same but similar. One time I had a situation with a cc person. Close to 15 years ago. Older man probably late 50s. I thought he was pulling over to pick someone up but he was swinging wide to park on the other side of the road where the parking spots were angled the other way. I drove around him. We didn’t even come close to contact and it was all slow speed. He followed me home right down the street. I get out and he gets out of his car. Says something like “didn’t you see me turning?” and some other things. I said I thought you were pulling over and I just made a mistake and I’m sorry. Wasn’t aggressive or anything and my apology was genuine. This seemed to embolden him. He approached me while I was standing outside the open door of my vehicle and gets within a foot or so. This guy is older, small and weak. I was 28, 6’-2” and a solid 235lbs. Strong and fast then. In fact I had been training all sorts of things and doing 48” box jumps and sets of 15 pull-ups with a 25lb weight vest on. I said “I just made a mistake and I’m sorry. You’re going to start a fight over this?” He’s one foot away from me at this point and reaches behind his back and says “I’m not going to start anything but I can dam sure finish it.” I’m just shocked at that point. I said “man, “I’m very familiar with firearms and you’re making a big mistake. You followed me home and now you’re threatening me with a gun. You wanna go to prison for murder?” He didn’t realize I lived in the apartment building we were at. He calmed down a bit and backed up. Finally walking back to his car. I told him he was a psycho and he’s lucky it didn’t get worse and his temper is going to get him in trouble and he’s too old to be making decisions like that. He didn’t like the lecture but thankfully got in his car and left. He made terrible tactical mistakes and could have easily been spiked head first into the pavement and his pistol shoved up his A. Thank god he didn’t just start shooting when he got out because I would have been a goner. Always wondered if it was an OSA guy. Reminded me of the saying that I read here back then, a gun is not a talisman.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad she was willing to die and kill her baby over a traffic altercation she caused. What is this world coming to.

Of course, the motorcyclist had no business being out on the street with a gun... [sarcasm] :blush:
What was he thinking. Going out armed like that. Hit and run shouldn’t be a death sentence.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad deal but I'm glad they aren't charging him just because they could.
With what? He simply followed her to her house to let the police know where she was so that they could cite her for the incident. She’s the one that left the safety of her home WITH a gun and went and pointed it at someone AFTER she had fled the scene of an accident, thus committing a crime. A crime that he could logically explain had he not followed, he may have not be made whole in the deal.
She should have stayed inside until the police arrived. He was not beating on her door notrying to gain access to her dwelling as far as I have heard the “facts” presented so far.
So, he had a legal right to be there, she leveled a gun at him. He then shot her with his gun defending himself. As far as I’m concerned, she caused her death. It’s saddening, but avoidable.

ETA: I think I may have misread the post by jbarnett. My apologies. I now think that he may have been trying to say that he’s glad charges weren’t brought just to bring charges. I think.

Last edited:

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With what? He simply followed her to her house to let the police know where she was so that they could cite her for the incident. She’s the one that left the safety of her home WITH a gun and went and pointed it at someone AFTER she had fled the scene of an accident, thus committing a crime. A crime that he could logically explain had he not followed, he may have not be made whole in the deal.
She should have stayed inside until the police arrived. He was not beating on her door notrying to gain access to her dwelling as far as I have heard the “facts” presented so far.
So, he had a legal right to be there, she leveled a gun at him. He then shot her with his gun defending himself. As far as I’m concerned, she caused her death. It’s saddening, but avoidable.

ETA: I think I may have misread the post by jbarnett. My apologies. I now think that he may have been trying to say that he’s glad charges weren’t brought just to bring charges. I think.
The latter is correct. With Rittenhouse being fresh on my mind it made me think it about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom