Prep deal of the day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many carbs for me. But I love 'em!
I looked it up, if you eat a recommend serving size (1/4 dry=1/2cup cooked) you get 22 grams carbs, 11 grams of fiber, so about 11 net carbs if my math is correct. Plus 7grams of protein. That is not bad and explains why my doc calls them "Wonderful beans"

Of course I have never eaten them the night before and farted in the little exam room. :yikes2:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked it up, if you eat a recommend serving size (1/4 dry=1/2cup cooked) you get 22 grams carbs, 11 grams of fiber, so about 11 net carbs if my math is correct. Plus 7grams of protein. That is not bad and explains why my doc calls them "Wonderful beans"

Of course I have never eaten them the night before and farted in the little exam room. :yikes2:

Of course I have to put 1.5-2 cups of beans on my plate. And then I have to have the cornbread too... lol

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So... a little old lady goes to the doctor's office, the doctor walks into the exam room and says, "What can I help you with today?"

She says, "Doctor, I have a problem with gas. The flatulence is constant, it never goes away, and I can't control it at all. The only good thing is, there's no odor and they're always silent, so no one notices. Why, I've broken wind several times just since you came into the exam room and you probably didn't even know."

The doctor says, "I see. Okay... I'm going to give you a prescription, I want you to take these pills for one week, then come back to see me."

She comes back a week later, and the doctor says, "Well, have you noticed any difference?"

She says, "Well, sort of... not with the flatulence. It's not any better, but now the smell is HORRIBLE. I mean like wallpaper peeling off the walls horrible. I can't even stand to stay in the same room myself."

"Okay." the doctor says. "That's good. Now that we've cleared up your sinuses, let's work on your hearing."

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who the heck only eats a half cup of beans!
Sadly, me. Oh sometimes I might fudge a little but I try to stick to my diet as some of my meds cause weight gain. A little beans, a little rice, small piece of cornbread and a huge stuffed hamburger steak, pork chop, or grilled chicken breast. It sucks being diabetic.

Of course if SHTF and beans become the only food we have, the serving will go up.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So... a little old lady goes to the doctor's office, the doctor walks into the exam room and says, "What can I help you with today?"

She says, "Doctor, I have a problem with gas. The flatulence is constant, it never goes away, and I can't control it at all. The only good thing is, there's no odor and they're always silent, so no one notices. Why, I've broken wind several times just since you came into the exam room and you probably didn't even know."

The doctor says, "I see. Okay... I'm going to give you a prescription, I want you to take these pills for one week, then come back to see me."

She comes back a week later, and the doctor says, "Well, have you noticed any difference?"

She says, "Well, sort of... not with the flatulence. It's not any better, but now the smell is HORRIBLE. I mean like wallpaper peeling off the walls horrible. I can't even stand to stay in the same room myself."

"Okay." the doctor says. "That's good. Now that we've cleared up your sinuses, let's work on your hearing."
That will do 'er!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I read somewhere that back in old west days they called them "whistle berries"

Latest posts

Top Bottom