Prepare for higher natural gas prices this winter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching the prices continue to increase over the last few months. I thought it might be transitory, since that's what the Fed has been telling us about inflation (bunch of bs!). Anyway, NG prices have almost doubled since last year at this time. I think we have all gotten use to cheap NG prices, but nothing stays the same. I would budget accordingly because they may keep going. During his term as VP, NG prices hit $16.46 in 2008 and in 2005 NG hit $20.38.

1630677795669.png

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are total electric too. I've been waiting since January 20th for beady eyes Biden to come to my place and personally thank me. Oh, I will leave the gate shut and not give him any time.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're all electric, but I'm sure that they'll find a way to stick it to us too.
Yea, because they been making all these natural gas fired electric plants, and shutting down all the coal fired plants!

I guess the powers to be think there will be more diamonds for their future generations if we stop burning coal!

My opinion is that God gave us coal to burn it, not to let it set there!!!

ozinok

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Natural Gas prices are heavily influenced by Oil production as most of the production in this part of the country is from well heads. When Biden asks OPEC to up production, domestic production and exploration decreases, in turn decreasing domestic Natural Gas supply ... It's not so much the demand is changing, it's the supply. And yes, your electric Bill will certainly go up as it's price is directly tied to fuel cost ...

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of like the evening news, they tell us good evening and then proceed to tell us how bad things are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom