Prepare for higher natural gas prices this winter.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I guess you didn't work in the natural gas industry.

Propane from Natural Gas​

Propane is extracted from liquid components during natural gas processing. To remove propane from natural gas, hydrocarbons are fractionated and absorbed in oil, which is followed by adsorption to surface-active agents or refrigeration. Hydrocarbons such as butane and propane are removed from natural gas in part to prevent condensation in natural gas pipelines. Unprocessed natural gas consists of about 90 percent methane and only 5 percent propane, but about half of the propane used in the United States comes from natural gas processing. Propane is 270 times denser as a liquid than as a gas, and therefore the extracted propane is stored and transported as a liquid. Because propane is colorless and odorless, an odorant is added for detection.

Propane from Oil Refining​

At various stages during the oil-refining process, liquefied petroleum gases are produced. Two major constituents of these liquefied gases are butane and propane, which constitute about 1–4 percent of processed crude oil. A major step in the production of propane is fractional distillation under pressure, or stabilization. During this stage, heavier hydrocarbons sink to the bottom, whereas lighter hydrocarbons such as propane are easily removed from the top layer of the mix. The amount of propane obtained depends in part on the type and setup of the oil refinery.
I guess you didn't ether? What does this have to do with prices getting higher because of Joe, and Ho's, policies? You don't think OPEC will artificially create Crude Oil Shortages, to force Crude Prices up? Hide and watch!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you didn't ether? What does this have to do with prices getting higher because of Joe, and Ho's, policies? You don't think OPEC will artificially create Crude Oil Shortages, to force Crude Prices up? Hide and watch!
I am in the natural gas industry and have built of bunch of stuff related to fractionation, metering, compression, transportation, etc.

The thing is, ng has remained priced very low compared to the fluctuations in oil prices. Until now. NG went over $6 per mmbtu. it's been around $2. This is one reason propane has been so cheap for a while. in the 2013-15 time frame, we were paying people to take the ng fractionated propane from our Canadian assets because the price went negative. Now because byeden is trying to kill the dollar and it's becoming worthless, ng prices and every other thing you buy with dollars is going north through the roof.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the natural gas industry and have built of bunch of stuff related to fractionation, metering, compression, transportation, etc.

The thing is, ng has remained priced very low compared to the fluctuations in oil prices. Until now. NG went over $6 per mmbtu. it's been around $2. This is one reason propane has been so cheap for a while. in the 2013-15 time frame, we were paying people to take the ng fractionated propane from our Canadian assets because the price went negative. Now because byeden is trying to kill the dollar and it's becoming worthless, ng prices and every other thing you buy with dollars is going north through the roof.
I agree, it's hard to have an argument when we agree? Nice chat.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just guessing but probably the plan is for nuclear to replace fossil fuels all together. i read where Illinois has completely banned fossil fuels in favor of building seven reactors. now the question???? where in Oklahoma is the reactor going to be? probably near plentiful water.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
just guessing but probably the plan is for nuclear to replace fossil fuels all together. i read where Illinois has completely banned fossil fuels in favor of building seven reactors. now the question???? where in Oklahoma is the reactor going to be? probably near plentiful water.
Plans are just that! Very few plans actually work! One good way to judge a good plan is, to see if it has to be subidized by the government! Legitimate good plans don't need to be subsidized! Most of this stuff is just propaganda to try and control what we think! This so called man made global warming is the biggest scam ever attempted on the human race! If anyone don't thnk the climate has always changed even before humans, existed, look at the dry lake beds like Death Valley, or the petrified forest in Arizona! The best example of how little these morons know is, COW FARTS causing damage to the ozone layer with methane gas. The truth is a cow CAN'T FART! No ruminate can, cattle, buffalo, deer elk etc. As anyone that has ever had any experence raising cattle knows, if they eat anything that changes the PH in the rumin, up or down, from 7, that l kills the micro-organizums that break down the food, and they can't digest it! This causes the food to rot, and create gas, that causing BLOATING! They can't get rid of this gas and will bloat to the point where they can no longer breath, and die! Ignorance is NEVER BLISS!

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US Navy has been using nuke power safely for decades, it can be done, first step get rid of all the BS regulations, then get the former Navy nukes guys in there and get the atoms splitting.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had 462 gallons of propane delivered at $2.30 a gallon.

A side note - my propane supplier never waits for a call. He services 3 rural counties and nobody has to call. He somehow manages to know when his customers tanks are down about 85% and just arrives, fills, and leaves.
I need to learn how to read my propane bill.
My actual bill shows 230 gallons delivered on 9/13/21 at $1.95 a gallon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom