Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife use to good-natured tease me about being prepared until living in VA, a storm rolled thru. Power out for days. Over 300 homes in our development. Mine was the only one with a couple of lights, direct tv and a cold refrigerator. 26yrs as a navy seabee, seen a thing or two. Too dam old now to get caught with my pants down.

Vince 1340

Marksman
Reaction score
I need to add some top shelf bourbon and rolling papers to my prep supplies so I can sit in my lawn chair and watch the idiocy with a good buzz on
Mine is slightly different in that I’ll be shooting clays off my balcony with a couple of bottles of Jim beam for refreshment waiting for the flash! I live approx 35 miles from London. If the flash doesn’t come then I’m in deep poop with the local plod! (Police).

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing I really need is a rack that fits in my gas fireplace to cook on. I had planned to use our propane grill but it is unsafe and gone.
Build ya a rocket stove, ideas are all over yt. Ours is 11 cinder blocks and the 2 burner grate off the stove fits like a charm. A nice by product is charcoal and it fits the shtf scenario.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it……. I sleep well at night knowing I am prepared for 2 more years of SLEEP CREPY PEDO PETER JO
I have a list of the body counts of every disaster that happened where I was located while I was there. It’s currently at 16,500 people killed.
I have been through major earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrorist attack (First Responder Murrah Bldg), 4 Super-Typhoons (Asian equivalent Cat 5 Hurricane) a Cat 5 Hurricane, Blizzards, Tornadoes and Floods.

If you don’t have enough food/cooking gear, water, guns, ammo, medicine, and protective gear for shelter, to last until either rescue can arrive, or you can get yourself to safety, it won’t be rescue, it will be a recovery.
Keep a weeks worth of calorie dense food and water in your vehicle, along with extra clothing, and fire starting materials.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call myself a pepper, just the way I was raised and have lived for almost 66 years.

We have a garden, raise our own cattle, pigs, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, ducks, goats, sheep and horses.

When something is on sale, we stock up.

Lived on Gulf Coast for 25 years. Went through hurricanes, floods, and ice storms. Lived in RV for a week, running generator and cooking on pit. Wasn't bad, several neighbors were very uncomfortable.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not exactly big time prepper, but...

Live in central part of town
Last big storm, we were without power for a few days.
Plugged in the genny and were the only house in the neighborhood with lights!!
One of the kids asked "are you sure you want to leave the lights on? Then everyone will know?"
I said "yes. Cause I WANT the idiots that might be prowling the dark neighborhoods to know "NOT this house!"

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think prepping is wrong. I've never scoffed at anybody's ideology of how they wanna live their lives. It's just not for me. I'm a firm believer in different strokes for different folks and agree to disagree.

I'm secure enough in my faith, that when it all goes south and we're facing the fallout and apocalypse, I don't wanna be around to survive it anyway. Lord, take me home!

But yessir, by all means...you do your thing, I'll do mine. :thumb:

View attachment 287626

You may not want to be around but God may have other plans for you. Best to just be prepared and have the proper mindset. The Master calls on his time schedule not ours.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may not want to be around but God may have other plans for you. Best to just be prepared and have the proper mindset. The Master calls on his time schedule not ours.

This is true. We'll see what happens. There was a time in my life when I considered prepping. But as I've gotten older, my ideology has changed. I don't put my head in the sand, but I also don't believe in "surviving." I believe in living.

But like I said, if guys wanna be preppers, that's a good thing. It's just not good for me. Call me crazy, call me sheepish, stupid, misguided whatever. I just believe what I believe and value and appreciate others and their beliefs as well. You do you, I'm gonna do me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a list of the body counts of every disaster that happened where I was located while I was there. It’s currently at 16,500 people killed.
I have been through major earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terrorist attack (First Responder Murrah Bldg), 4 Super-Typhoons (Asian equivalent Cat 5 Hurricane) a Cat 5 Hurricane, Blizzards, Tornadoes and Floods.
Dang, dude, you're bad luck!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. We'll see what happens. There was a time in my life when I considered prepping. But as I've gotten older, my ideology has changed. I don't put my head in the sand, but I also don't believe in "surviving." I believe in living.

But like I said, if guys wanna be preppers, that's a good thing. It's just not good for me. Call me crazy, call me sheepish, stupid, misguided whatever. I just believe what I believe and value and appreciate others and their beliefs as well. You do you, I'm gonna do me.
I would wall what I do self sufficient, I don‘t have rooms of food, but I do have stored of food, water, and ammo. I wasn't really prepaired at all until COVID came alone and I read Klaus Schwabs book. The one world government had infiltrated most major countries , its definitely coming (and yeah the Bible said it would come) I mean all the parts are in motion for Armageddon, (again the bible predicted it GOG/MAGOG) what it doesn’t say is at what point we get to make our exit, so I am prepared for whatever to defend the family as long as I am able. If I am wrong I am out a few thousand dollars in food and water (which I can donate to the homeless) others can do whatever they see fit, I won’t call you crazy for not prepping, to each their own. I personally don‘t believe we rise to the occasion….I believe we rise to the level of your preparation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom