Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up on the Texas gulf coast. I don't remember how many times we rode out storms and hurricanes. Not to mention the times my construction worker father was out of work. To my mind, prepping is done for everyday problems. You keep supplies on hand for times of no income, no power, no way to get to the stores, whatever life may throw at you. A dumba$$ president trying to crash the economy is just one thing to prep for. Heck I survived Jimmy Carter, I will survive Bidum too.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up on the Texas gulf coast. I don't remember how many times we rode out storms and hurricanes. Not to mention the times my construction worker father was out of work. To my mind, prepping is done for everyday problems. You keep supplies on hand for times of no income, no power, no way to get to the stores, whatever life may throw at you. A dumba$$ president trying to crash the economy is just one thing to prep for. Heck I survived Jimmy Carter, I will survive Bidum too.

As a native Okie, I do keep a good size supply of food and water, along with batteries, matches, fuel/gasoline and such for stormy season. My freezer is also filled, so yeah, we could probably go a few weeks with what we have on hand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same can be said for going to work everyday to build a nice retirement, and if you die before retirement, your family will essentially “loot” your estate.
But if you don't die, and live a long life, your goal is to be a burden on your children and spend the last dollar of your kids inheritance the day before you die.

Just kidding......kids will be well taken care of. :D

Longstrider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people that really get sucked up into the lifestyle. It can become all consuming and overwhelming. I do think all things in moderation and that chance favors a prepared mind, but the Good Lord provides.
You don’t have to run faster than the bear just faster than the guy running beside you. Never hurts be ready

Latest posts

Top Bottom