Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, they laughed at Noah.

Remember Houston? La riots? Katrina?

These things are rare but they do happen.

And you can count on the government to **** up the response. So you're on your own.
Your geographic location plays a key roll in how you prep. I would never prep for a hurricane or a flood and in Houston they dont prep for ice storms.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask yourself, Do you have insurance on your home? Do you have life insurance? Do you have medical insurance?
Most of us do and hope we never have to use it.
But its better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. Same with prepping.
Thats how I see it.
no. insurance is a scam so I don't have any and just stack that cash back like scrooge mcduck.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Define your terms, not everyone agrees on what being a "prepper" means except in the most general way.

Are you talking about preparing for a biblical apocalypse?
Are you talking about riding out the damage from a powerful ice storm or line of tornados in place?
An EMP employed by a hostile power? (and what is the follow on, war, or they just do that for fun and then stop?)

I have spent my whole adult life in the military planning for various things and one cannot effectively plan, or discuss the value of planning, without a defined end state, e.g. what is the goal and what defines success?

I assume you are just trying to have some fun and stir the pot but that is the single biggest failure of most planning efforts - no clearly defined end state and left-right parameters.
too much logic in your post.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no. insurance is a scam so I don't have any and just stack that cash back like scrooge mcduck.

Insurance isn't a scam to those on the other side of a loss, be it fire, natural disaster or a liability suit. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to self-insure. That philosophy goes for prepping too.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Define your terms, not everyone agrees on what being a "prepper" means except in the most general way.

I assume you are just trying to have some fun and stir the pot but that is the single biggest failure of most planning efforts - no clearly defined end state and left-right parameters.

This is the problem itself when we live in a circular world.

Am I a prepper in the accepted sense of the word --- no. However, I could survive quite easily for a month with what I normally have.

Am I a prepper in other ways --- yes. Lots of knowledge in lots of diverse areas. Can use things in creative ways to solve issues. 'Street' smarts. Able to blend into almost any situation. Walk softly, but carry a big stick.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off, nobody needs to prove you wrong. If you think its a waist of time $ and effort, more power to ya.

But remember that you said that and others that are prepared for what ever, are turning you away if/when you find yourself in need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom