1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by zghorner, Jul 13, 2018.

1. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Some people just never learn...ban him again please.

2. zghorner

zghorner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think ultimately if someone gets joy and happiness from being prepared then how can it possibly be a waste of time? No matter the degree of preparedness.

There is a difference between prepping to prep and prepping out of paranoia. The latter being stupid.

rc508pir likes this.
  3. SnowCamo

SnowCamo Sharpshooter

I’ll continue to prepare for the next ammunition famine.
    Last time the shelves were clear of .22 and 5.56 I was fresh out of college, newly married and had just purchased a home.
    I was lacking in disposable cash which translated to disposable ammo. I’m not getting stuck in that situation again.
    Sure, I have family nearby with ammo to shoot but dependence isn’t a character trait for all millennials.

Also, I keep food and water on hand. I don’t want surveillance video on social media of me getting whooped by a lady over the last can of red beans during an ice storm.

rc508pir and kwaynem like this.
  4. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    If you weren't already married you could tell your fiancé that the can of red beans is her wedding dress and its marked down 80%. Then watch the tufts of hair fly

jakerz and SnowCamo like this.
  5. retrieverman

retrieverman Sharpshooter

I agree with the entire post, but he didn’t finish the last line.

What pisses me off is people living in denial, thinking bad stuff can't/won't happen to them AND THEN EXPECTING THE GOVT OR SOMEONE ELSE TO BAIL THEM OUT.

CGS1, jrusling, rc508pir and 3 others like this.
  6. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

No one is completely safe no matter what they do, they may be "safer" but still they cannot escape trouble.

7. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Being prepared is not about escaping trouble, its about being prepared for it when it shows up.

easy, rc508pir and CGS1 like this.
  8. PBramble

PBramble Sharpshooter

Anybody that live within 20 miles of a major metropolitan area won't have to worry about prepping if it's nuclear. A study showed most wildlife would be wiped out in about 2 months due to over hunting. Hope you guys like long pig, you're going to be eating a lot of it, if it doesn't kill you first.

kwaynem likes this.
  9. Decoligny

Decoligny Sharpshooter

I have a list of the natural and man made disasters that have happened at the locations I was living at when I was living at those locations.
    The body count for those disasters is currently at 16,500.
    When I evacuated out of the Philippines for the Eruption of Mt Pinatubo, I had food and water to last a week in my car. It came in handy and I had what I needed to survive. I also had a flashlight with extra batteries. I was one of about 4 people with over 200 people sleeping on bubblewrap on a warehouse floor who didn't have to feel his way along the walls to find the bathroom to pee when the power went out.
    When I evacuated out of Homestead, FL for Hurricane Andrew, I had food, water, flashlights, batteries, and about $3,000 cash. I was able to transfer to my new duty station without having to go to Air Force Aid Society, or the Chaplain to beg for handouts to make it until payday, cause all the food was left by idiots who just jumped in their cars and drove north.
    Prepping is simply being aware of what can possibly happen and making sure that you won't die because you overlooked the essential elements of life.

Annie and kwaynem like this.