Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three cans of Tuna, two bags of red beans, a gallon of cold water, a block of salt, 10 gallons of gas, 35,000 rounds of ammo and over 64 weapons of various types. I am not paranoid, I am a realist..... Oh, and I really like to load ammo. My bug out plan involves NBA cheerleaders and the contents of the 1st large liquor store I come to.

Made me think of this:
"It's 106 miles to Chicago we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses"

Dave

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three cans of Tuna, two bags of red beans, a gallon of cold water, a block of salt, 10 gallons of gas, 35,000 rounds of ammo and over 64 weapons of various types. I am not paranoid, I am a realist..... Oh, and I really like to load ammo. My bug out plan involves NBA cheerleaders and the contents of the 1st large liquor store I come to.
You a homie! :burnout:

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am somewhat of a prepper.

A modest food storage, perhaps 25 gallons of fuel (which I change out twice a year), plenty of firearms and ammo, some medical supplies, batteries, extra propane, a good generator, etc.

About 6 or 8 years ago we had a serious snowstorm. Roads we're all but impassable for 2/3 days. On (I think) the 4th day I went to the nearby China Mart to get something we really needed...forgot what it was...and I noticed the bread shelves we're completely empty.

While waiting at the check out line, a bread vendor was trying to bring in a rack of bread through the front door...the poor man was mobbed and I don't think he made it back to the bread aisle with anything.

I've never forgot that.

What would these people do in a real longer lasting emergency? I guess depend on Uncle Sugar to take care of them?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep water but not near enough for any kind of long haul. Been through some power outages that last a few days, and once for a couple of weeks during the last big ice storm. That was an eye opener. That outage was fast and wide spread. I see that happening in real SHTF event.
Not prepared when everything shut off nor could I have been long term. EVERYTHING WAS OFF. If it stayed that way, I would hold in place. Not in the city so water would be available. Food would be hard but not impossible.
I have what I have. I'll do what I can. Most people I know that prep let everyone (and their dog) know they have supplies.
Guess I'll just loot the Walmart like everyone else. Ha.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am somewhat of a prepper.

A modest food storage, perhaps 25 gallons of fuel (which I change out twice a year), plenty of firearms and ammo, some medical supplies, batteries, extra propane, a good generator, etc.

About 6 or 8 years ago we had a serious snowstorm. Roads we're all but impassable for 2/3 days. On (I think) the 4th day I went to the nearby China Mart to get something we really needed...forgot what it was...and I noticed the bread shelves we're completely empty.

While waiting at the check out line, a bread vendor was trying to bring in a rack of bread through the front door...the poor man was mobbed and I don't think he made it back to the bread aisle with anything.

I've never forgot that.

What would these people do in a real longer lasting emergency? I guess depend on Uncle Sugar to take care of them?
I've never understood why you need bread to survive? It's the first thing to go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom