Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To what degree you prep is where the question can turn to a waste of time IMO. As Annie said above, long as I can drink/eat for a week or and have heat, I'm good. I have a storm cellar these days, I see it as almost a waste of money because at 50 years old I've never needed one but I might. I got it because the builder that built my house offered to put it in over negotiations.
Storm cellars make good root cellars. They can be multipurpose

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that a lot when terrorism issues are discussed. “Oh, that’ll never happen here, they do that in other countries, but not here”.

It already has. Several times. And could again.
Just like in Norman seven or eight years back. Allahsnackbar, just like the dude trying to cut off his coworkers heads. A peaceful ticked off Muslim. He would’ve killed more than one if the boss wasn’t a volunteer police officer that had a rifle in his car.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think prepping is wrong. I've never scoffed at anybody's ideology of how they wanna live their lives. It's just not for me. I'm a firm believer in different strokes for different folks and agree to disagree.

I'm secure enough in my faith, that when it all goes south and we're facing the fallout and apocalypse, I don't wanna be around to survive it anyway. Lord, take me home!

But yessir, by all means...you do your thing, I'll do mine. :thumb:

download-1.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like in Norman seven or eight years back. Allahsnackbar, just like the dude trying to cut off his coworkers heads. A peaceful ticked off Muslim. He would’ve killed more than one if the boss wasn’t a volunteer police officer that had a rifle in his car.

I made a gun deal with that guy once upon a time. He's a member here.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think ultimately if someone gets joy and happiness from being prepared then how can it possibly be a waste of time? No matter the degree of preparedness.

There is a difference between prepping to prep and prepping out of paranoia. The latter being stupid.
Oddly enough there is a 45% chance that prepping will be important by the end of the year, and certainly by the end of Bidens disaster of a presidency.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, we buy and kill what what we need and have enough to last, but a nuke, bullet, or car crash can take you away in a flash and all of your wonderful provisions are then just loot.
The same can be said for going to work everyday to build a nice retirement, and if you die before retirement, your family will essentially “loot” your estate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom