Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like receiving hummers, but never had one with peppers. Don't sound enjoyable.
You are a baaaaaad boy.

I came here from Southern California a couple years ago. Actually I’m more of a political refugee. 😉 Grampa was from Allen, OK and Grandma on my other side was raised in Childress, Tx. I say this only to to assure you I’ve been completely deloused and came pre-programmed with an Okie way of thinking. I thank the Lord every day that wife and I have found a home with folks that share our values.
Anyhoo, after Hurricane Katrina it really grabbed my attention how unprepared everyone was for a natural disaster. Living in earthquake country I knew we certainly could be hit with a whomper and I started wanting to be able to handle at least two weeks after everything in the pantry was gone. That turned into storing 2 weeks for all my family that lived close as well. Now that we’ve moved to SW Oklahoma (Lawtonka) it’s just my wife and I and one of our kids and her husband. What was for 18 people is now just for 4 so I’d say we’re good for a long while. I’m not at all concerned about some huge economic collapse or apocalypse, I think the Lord will bring His Church home before that’s going to happen but I do think there’s a strong enough likelihood some natural disaster could certainly occur that I want to take some steps to make life livable should that happen. First year we were here (03/01/2020 moved here) we were hit with a hailstorm of baseball sized hail, ice storm in October when all the leaves were still on the trees and debris was everywhere and then a deep freeze that froze our sewer pipe. Yuck! Added a whole house 22KW Generac generator and ATS that has already come in handy several times. It brings me comfort knowing I can take care of my family but I haven’t gone nuts by any stretch.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are we talkin' here?
I put hot sauce on EVERYthing I eat-
That's how I lost my last 3 girlfriends.
Buncha screamin' pu**ies, if you ask me.
....Nevermind....
Got to get back to hoarding freeze-dried Lobster Tails & powdered Caviar.
...& hot sauce.
Lotsa Hot Sauce.

Last edited:

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Near 5 years later and look at the world today. Wonder if the OP still stands by that statement ?
🤣 .
When the first real panic hit during " The great Plandemic" it was nice not having to hunt down toilet paper and having meat in the freezer.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes some of my preps have come in real handy to help keep our grocery bill down. Still wish I could plant a bigger garden.
I don't know your property nor your ability or the chity of edmond but I'd bet you could make it happen. You might need to fight some, but without a fight your just another subject .

Latest posts

Top Bottom