President Trump Quietly Rolling Back Obama-Era Gun Controls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SS is nothing more than a type of insurance, and you have to pay in for a period of time before you can draw benefits.

And like standard insurance, some will lie, cheat, and take advantage of it. But that doesn't mean some folks don't have legitimate claims.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong. You can allow a trespass on your rights, but rights must be removed by a court of law.
I think if you go back and read, I point out that people claiming a disability go in front of a judge.
and by the way, I am being polite, you are being a jerk.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Trump “officials have also signaled that they may no longer defend the Army Corps of Engineers’ ban on carrying loaded firearms and ammunition on federal lands.”

Lets hope this happens. One good thing that happened during obama's term was that people are now allowed to carry in national parks.
The COE is still fighting allowing gun owners to legally carry in their boat or in camp grounds, other than when being carried for hunting on surrounding WMA's.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think if you go back and read, I point out that people claiming a disability go in front of a judge.
and by the way, I am being polite, you are being a jerk.
They go to SS court to claim benefits, not to be stripped of their natural rights. They haven't committed any crimes and being incapable of managing their financial affairs in no way impedes their ability to understand when they're being attacked and need to defend themselves.

The elderly and infirm are prime targets for predators. They are the least likely to be capable of physical defense without aids like firearms. You're saying it's OK to strip them of their 2nd Amendment rights without proof that they're an unreasonable danger to themselves or others.

But yeah, I'm being a jerk. :rolleyes2

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am astounded that anti-government sentiment can be perverted into blaming the victims of outright abuse of government power.
I met a fellow USAF airman at the VA hospital who went into service the same month as I in 1966, but had been nearly blown apart by a mortar attack in Viet Nam, spent YEARS in the hospitals, and was finally allowed to live at home in Oklahoma, but had to visit the hospital monthly. He was grievously physically handicapped, but mentally sharp. He authorized his family to access his records and help with the endless paperwork. He was one of over 168,000 vets administratively declared mentally incompetent by the last administration with NO DUE PROCESS and NO REVIEW.
Exactly how did he "get a free ride" or "give up his rights? And by the way, he never went in front of any judge or claimed anything, the VA determined his disability and treatment after his WAR INJURY.

Latest posts

Top Bottom