Pretty Cool and Spooky, Recorded Sounds From a Black Hole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't read all that, but if the black hole is 250 million light years away, how can they be certain that what they are listening to is actually coming from that black hole?

What have they got that is so precise in its "direction" to hit any object for listening at that distance?
I have no idea, but it honestly is a great question. Tell ya what, instead of posing it here why don't you reach out to NASA and find someone to ask. While you're at it ask them how they know the light from some distant star, galaxy or whatever really took X number of light years to get here and for that matter how they know it's the same light and not light from some other source.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, trust the science. Like all those spectacular, soul stirring, Hubble photos were originally black and white and enhanced by computers with color in the lab, then released.

I wouldn't take a scientist's word about hearing sounds from a black hole if the microphone was pointed at Whoopie Goldberg.
I only trust Fauci.... He is the science.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought light and sound couldn't escape a black hole.......and sound can't travel in a vacuum? What are they going to tell us next, that the Earth is warming a .000000001 degree every year?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought light and sound couldn't escape a black hole.......and sound can't travel in a vacuum? What are they going to tell us next, that the Earth is warming a .000000001 degree every year?
The article also says "acoustic waves propagating through the copious amounts of gas surrounding the supermassive black hole" so who knows. I do know this, scientists are constantly finding what what they once thought was fact, isn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom