Preventing Violence; the Need for Defusing and Deescalation Skills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone here, outside of LE or EMT ever taken a crisis-intervention course? That would be a useful skill to have in defusing potentially violent situations.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone here, outside of LE or EMT ever taken a crisis-intervention course? That would be a useful skill to have in defusing potentially violent situations.

I've done a lot of customer service training in how to de-escalate a situation. It comes in handy away from work also. You're right, politeness and just a simple "excuse me" goes a long way. Sometimes people push the issue if they see you're not going to act as crazy as they are but you can be firm about not being pushed around and still polite while doing it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The company sent some of us to workplace crisis training. Not to deal with a dangerous situation, but how to deal with millennials and Gen X workers coming into the company amongst us grumpy old fellers. :boxing3:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The company sent some of us to workplace crisis training. Not to deal with a dangerous situation, but how to deal with millennials and Gen X workers coming into the company amongst us grumpy old fellers. :boxing3:

I think all companies are providing snowflake training these days , when ever you hear phrases like "blameless problem solving" and "always assume positive intent" you should know they are trying to reprogram you to deal with snowflakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom