Price check on some older smiths

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are my only smiths i had stayed away from revolvers for years. Got a Taurus tracker convertible last year and just slowly been picking up ones that interest me really want a model 19 snubbie with recessed cylinder have yet to run into one in the wild though.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice 28-2. I'd you decide to sell it let me know. My first pistol was a model 28 no dash.

ETA: I had a model 15-3 that someone modified to a round butt. I lost my shirt on it. I think I sold it for like $540 or something and that was after haggling with an older guy on armslist for hours.

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice 28-2. I'd you decide to sell it let me know. My first pistol was a model 28 no dash.

ETA: I had a model 15-3 that someone modified to a round butt. I lost my shirt on it. I think I sold it for like $540 or something and that was after haggling with an older guy on armslist for hours.
Not really looking to sale trying to figure out if i got decent deals or taken to the cleaners. I wonder if this might have been modified or converted i could only find 3 or 4in guns with a round butt.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Smith 28-2
IMG_20211004_193348733.jpg

IMG_20211004_193401010.jpg

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really looking to sale trying to figure out if i got decent deals or taken to the cleaners. I wonder if this might have been modified or converted i could only find 3 or 4in guns with a round butt.
If it's round butt then I bet it was converted. As far as I know all model 15-3 were Square butt. Is the serial number close to the bevel on the frame? My 15-3 was a round butt too. I sold it to a guy in bartlesville. But mine had factory magna round butt grips.

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's round butt then I bet it was converted. As far as I know all model 15-3 were Square butt. Is the serial number close to the bevel on the frame? My 15-3 was a round butt too. I sold it to a guy in bartlesville.
sorry the 28 is a square but the 15 is a round the serial number looks spaced pretty even but the vertical striations dont run all the way to the bottom of the curved butt is what caught my eye. When i bought it it was wearing uncle mike square butt grips so it was a surprise when I pulled them off to clean it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sorry the 28 is a square but the 15 is a round the serial number looks spaced pretty even but the vertical striations dont run all the way to the bottom of the curved butt is what caught my eye. When i bought it it was wearing uncle mike square butt grips so it was a surprise when I pulled them off to clean it.
Then it was converted mine was the exact same way