Price check please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever fired a revolver with a birds head grip? I’ve had several, and they tended to ride up and down in my hand as I shot them. A .22 revolver probably won’t present such an issue, but keep it in mind.

They seem to bring a premium price as well. Being the cheapskate that I am, I'll probably just pick up a Wrangler and call it good. It's gotta be better than a Heritage Rough Rider.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bearcat does come at a premium. They will last forever and would be a quality heirloom piece.
The Wrangler is a bargain, great little plinker. Not the quality of the Bearcat, but not the price, either.
Either will do the job.

The Heritage is a piece of crap and waste of money. I have had 2 and could find no reason to keep either.

I now have a pair of Ruger Single Six. Quality. Accurate. Fun. 1 is blue, Old Model (no transfer bar) well used and lots of life left. The 2nd, a New Model SS. Both have a LR and WMRF cylinder. Youngest grandson has laid claim to the Old Model and he will get it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a black Wrangler from Bud's for $199. It should be at my FFL Monday. I can't wait! :w000t:

I also ordered an El Paso Saddlery holster and a pair of Altamont smooth Rosewood grips with the Ruger medallions for it. Just to kinda dress it up a little bit.

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My aunt found one of these at a garage sale once. There was a Black and Decker electronic screwdriver box, she picked it up to inspect contents and inside was the Bearcat. She let the owner know and the lady said "I know, it was in the attic and needs to go".
Box was marked $5...

*edit* ok it wasnt the birdshead variety but still

View attachment 188773

Nice! I still have the one my dad bought at oertlies in the early 60’s for cheap over the counter and out the door....:coffee2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom