Primers and Powder Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would sell the primers for $60/k and the powder for no more than $30/lb
that is fair and just under what Cabellas sells stuff for even in today's market
your stuff is not new off the retail shelf so there is some risk for the buyer

PSmitty93

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello! Looking for assistance for my mother-in-law. We have recently moved my father-in-law into our neighborhood because of his diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's. He was an avid reloader and has an amazing setup that will no longer get used. We will be having an estate auction but wanted to see the value of the primers and powder that are part of the collection. Let me know what you think the current market might be for:

Powder
IMR 4064-32 lbs
IMR 4198-6 lbs

Primers
Large Rifle Primers-CCI and other manufactures-11,000 +
Small Rifle Primers-CCI and other-15,000
Large Pistol Primers-700

Thanks!
An update for some of the supply. Have these and can’t seem to find a current value.
Got any knowledge or history on them?!?

I know you can't get them anymore because of important laws. They seem like a speciality load for AKs and Swiss stuff.

09E5663D-62D7-47B6-885A-17B00DC40A9C.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The average retail price range at places that have availability is $65-$75 per 1K. You will see often some places pricing $85-$100 per 1K depending on the type of primer and/or gouging.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An update for some of the supply. Have these and can’t seem to find a current value.
Got any knowledge or history on them?!?

I know you can't get them anymore because of important laws. They seem like a speciality load for AKs and Swiss stuff.

View attachment 249021

Those are for Berdan cases. Usually used in commie ammo. It would take a certain person to buy those as depriming berdan isn't as easy as boxer and you need other equipment. You might get a bit more than .10 if you find him, but then again you might sit on them for a long time as well. I would just price them the same as the rest but make sure the buyer knows they are Berdan.

They aren't worth double price or anything.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am confused, are you trying to solicit bids here? Are you just trying to see how much you will make in the estate auction?

My guess he is trying to squeak every penny out. If he just wanted them gone and not be victimized I said at what price he could have them gone quickly but not be giving it away either.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess he is trying to squeak every penny out. If he just wanted them gone and not be victimized I said at what price he could have them gone quickly but not be giving it away either.
That's why I'm out of this. Whomever it is has already hired an auctioneer.

That's what auctioneers do. Leave it to them.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were selling them in the same situation & market I'd definitely try to get all I could & be willing to sit on them, that's capitalism 101.

Personally I'd keep everything for myself considering there's a few years of the sleepy Joe regime left to live through, maybe more & with the new encroachment from the ATF today against forced reset triggers the atmosphere shows they're not letting up any time soon . If you're set on selling them my suggestion & it's simply that is 2 sell everything as a whole & let someone else hassle with selling them individually for a slight markup. Either way good luck and good find on that much stuff

PSmitty93

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am confused, are you trying to solicit bids here? Are you just trying to see how much you will make in the estate auction?
I’m confused. Did I break a rule of the forum? I’m trying to determine what the current value might be. I do not believe an estate auction is the best market for the items. If someone wants to offer a reasonable price then it obviously would be considered because I’m not going to pay an auctioneer commission.

Latest posts

Top Bottom