Primers and Powder Pricing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used this stuff, it's garbage, if you was standing 50 yards away from an elephant you might be able to hit it a couple times with a 30 round mag, BUT, if you haven't got ANYTHING, it's better than nothing.
It's Tula primers NOT AMMO & thier primers are excellent both types boxer & berdan actually. The cups are a little hard but they're great other than that

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scammers, spammers, and whore hounds on both sides. Along with MOSTLY honest members.

As I posted, a new members joins and within 2 minutes a post of "what's it worth".

Beware and don't feed the insanity.
The market of supply and demand is in full effect, if you have a supply to dump; do your own research. List it for sale with your price.
If you get a legitimate offer, accept or decline, that is your right. There are lowballers, just ask there are gougers.

I reply to a post that gave an opinion on ligimate pricing. I had made an offer based on those prices (before he posted).
My post was a warning to him and they board. I did not call out OP, but his response was "our prices are far apart".

FYI: Murph's had some primers for $56
The new primer plant gets to full capacity and prices will normalize.
I truly hope the gougers choke on what they have.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they would.

I think you are mistaken - not for Berdan cases - just cheaper primers - priced just like Tul ammo - I would be happy to buy them/some

also for the seller -- sell them - or at least some of them - at the estate sale and advertise them -- it will draw a crowd

Those are marked Berdan, which means they don't have an anvil in the cup. I assume you (@sherrick13) meant 7.62 russian/7.62x39. Berdan primers site low in a primer pocket as well (to avoid slam fires). I don't think they are dual use and the best way to find out is look in the cup for an anvil. They would fit a LR pocket but I doubt they would function without the anvil.

Last edited:

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About $30 per pound for the powder, about $70 per 1000 for the primers, in the current market gor reasonably easy sale, except the berdan primers which are a bit of an odd duck for most reloaders in the US. The berdans might be packaged with the matching firearm for sale.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! Looking for assistance for my mother-in-law. We have recently moved my father-in-law into our neighborhood because of his diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's. He was an avid reloader and has an amazing setup that will no longer get used. We will be having an estate auction but wanted to see the value of the primers and powder that are part of the collection. Let me know what you think the current market might be for:

Powder
IMR 4064-32 lbs
IMR 4198-6 lbs

Primers
Large Rifle Primers-CCI and other manufactures-11,000 +
Small Rifle Primers-CCI and other-15,000
Large Pistol Primers-700

Thanks!
Gun show prices are insanely high, especially for the primers. I saw some large rifle on here earlier today for 7 cents each. If you were a little closer, I would gladly buy a couple of 1000 round cartons.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun show prices are insanely high, especially for the primers. I saw some large rifle on here earlier today for 7 cents each. If you were a little closer, I would gladly buy a couple of 1000 round cartons.
...and, as rmark said, deepest sympathy for your father in law. Alzheimer's is a terribly cruel disease. My wife has been a home health nurse for many years and has had to deal with a lot of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom