Primers at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
I envy you guys. I am late to the party and just getting started loading. I don't really have a choice but to pay H&H's exorbitant price.
Everyone told me last year, just hold off and let this all die down and primers and powder will be lining the shelf at discounted prices.
:cry11:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 70’s early 80’s, we’d figure a penny to a penny and half for primers in our loading costs.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jerry’s in Ardmore had some large pistol the other day. But you had to buy powder or bullets to be able to buy primers. So that kind of runs the price up a bit. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 70’s early 80’s, we’d figure a penny to a penny and half for primers in our loading costs.
Yep. I just calculated a penny for primer cost. And we bought the specific primers called out in the manuals and had several types of a given size on hand at any given time because you could find any brand. Also seemed it was that way for years. I miss those days! If we ever get back to having supply I'm backing up the truck on primers and buying a couple of kegs of powder. Yea, we used to could buy powder that way too.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry’s in Ardmore had some large pistol the other day. But you had to buy powder or bullets to be able to buy primers. So that kind of runs the price up a bit. :(
Jerry has kept a pretty good supply in stock through all of this that way. Keeps the resellers from wiping him out and keep his usuals shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom