Primers & Powder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone on this site happen to know if Jerry's reloading or any other place in
Tulsa area has large rifle primers and a variety of powders. I live in Bartlesville and
theirs nothing here. I'm just getting started reloading.
Thank You for any replies

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have seen pickings are pretty slim. I hear a report that primers are at bass pro in broken arrow, a few days later Dongs in Tulsa has some, then academy in Norman or someplace had some primers. By the time I get there they are gone. I am told they get a small amount very sporadically and they are gone as soon as they hit the shelf. Almost need to drop in on a daily basis to check or find out what days they expect to get a shipment and be there early as they unload. Even then you only have a 10-15% chance. But hey... it’s a chance.

To you guys that shoot 2-3K rounds a year but already have 10K primers on your reloading bench, chill a little and give the rest of us a break.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Does anyone on this site happen to know if Jerry's reloading or any other place in Tulsa area has large rifle primers and a variety of powders...
Jerry's variety is probably better than most. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they were selling one box of large magnum rifle primers only if you bought either powder or bullets.
I'd call them first before you drive down there.

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dongs use to have a lot. I called the other day and he was a bit edgy. You will have to buy bullets in order to buy primers. Limit 200 per day.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Dongs this afternoon bought a box of Hornady 30cal 125gr for $27 which I thought was fair.
Then I asked about primers. The only LRP they had was Remington magnums for 14.95 per 100
I passed. Not so much the price as I don't care for Rem. and didn't want magnum.
.27 bullet
.15 primer
.15 powder
.57 per rd 7.62 ain't bad tho'

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Jerry's on Saturday, they had a good supply of powder, pretty good supply of brass, popular caliber bullets sparse but they did have some in stock. The only thing I didn't see was primers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom