Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this is for you spent primer rebuilders!!! I have SUCCESSFULLY rebuilt primers. Pry out the anvil, use a punch to re- flatten the cup. Now soak "safe lite" matches in alcohol and cut the white tip off. Make a slurry of the white tips and pack it into the primer cups. Let it dry and re- install the anvil. Bang! Smells funny, but it does work, and accuracy didn't change much in the 45 ACP loads i tried.
Everyone make your run on "safe lite" matches now before they become the next toilet paper.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a man had a tiny dent puller he might be able to rebuild spent primers. That’s it, a primer rebuilding tool! I’m gonna get rich for sure this time!
The problem isn't pulling the dent out of the primer.

The problem is welding up the tiny hole left by the dent puller, and then smoothing off the weld.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a man had a tiny dent puller he might be able to rebuild spent primers. That’s it, a primer rebuilding tool! I’m gonna get rich for sure this time!

I have figured out a way to do this. I've been experimenting lately. I've have recently "reloaded" 12 SPP & re-inserted them into 9mm. & all 12 fired with no issues.
It is time consuming, but doable.
& no special tools needed.

& I didn't use match heads.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have figured out a way to do this. I've been experimenting lately. I've have recently "reloaded" 12 SPP & re-inserted them into 9mm. & all 12 fired with no issues.
It is time consuming, but doable.
& no special tools needed.

& I didn't use match heads.
Info on the process please. We all may need it if SHTF.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't know how you would have the time to figure this out. I mean with your shovel business going full tilt and all.....

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reshaping the primer cup wouldn’t be a problem. Resetting the anvil could be tricky.

The most dangerous problem would be the primer compound. What chemicals? Are they readily available! Proper mix? How much per primer to get any kind of consistency?

I’m game, let’s do it.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reshaping the primer cup wouldn’t be a problem. Resetting the anvil could be tricky.

The most dangerous problem would be the primer compound. What chemicals? Are they readily available! Proper mix? How much per primer to get any kind of consistency?

I’m game, let’s do it.
my ols FM improvised weapons says you can use the white portion of strike anywhere matches. Although the manual dates from 1968 not sure if same compound now. I do have primers still on the shelf of the store but pricing is nuts now

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my ols FM improvised weapons says you can use the white portion of strike anywhere matches. Although the manual dates from 1968 not sure if same compound now. I do have primers still on the shelf of the store but pricing is nuts now

I’m thinking there is some formula out there that can be used with easy to acquire components. I just don’t know what it is or what I should be looking for.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ALWAYS search for lost primers. 1 time I lose one and Wif gets it in the vacuum and it goes off.

She will not let me forget it.

I have a large coffee can of spent primers. Seeing ads for 5000 primers @ $1000, I am considering repriming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom