Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some at Bass Pro just before Christmas, CCI SPP $70 per 1,000
I hears that was their price, wonder why the difference between them and Cabelas? Unless that guy told me wrong, but I know he said it was $130 because I told him they had doubled their price, which was $65/k in early 2021. And I'll definitely pay $70 local before I pay even $50-60 online, if they limit the order to 1-2k and add shipping/hazmat/taxes to that. I wanted to order powder from Midway a while back, 2 lb limit and once extras were added, price per lb went up like $12/lb...their prices/availability suddenly didn't seem as good LOL

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ammo has dropped a lot and is continuing to drop - not long ago bullets were bought at 100%+ markup as quick as it hit the shelves - now tons of ammo available and prices are dropping - when people quit cleaning the shelves of primers at the current prices - the price will drop
always has and always will
fortunately some stores like Cabellas are not jacking their prices so much - those selling for $100 are skinning their customers - and some are foolish enough to get in the line
As I said above, I certainly hope the prices come down. Buddy of mine told me prices did this in the 90's on stuff, and they came back down, so I have hope. I just plan to pick them up where I can if I see a good price, and hope I'm not "wishing" for $70 primers in 2 years...

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I said above, I certainly hope the prices come down. Buddy of mine told me prices did this in the 90's on stuff, and they came back down, so I have hope. I just plan to pick them up where I can if I see a good price, and hope I'm not "wishing" for $70 primers in 2 years...
In the 90's;
Primers was $15 to $18 a brick!
Powder was $12 to $15 a pound
Nosler 250 packs of .357, 158gn was around $20!

Pretty stable!

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in Cabelas just before Christmas, they said $130/1000 for primers
I have been buying cci from Cabelas for about $65/k -- they were around $45 before the mess started
stopped by Bass Pro yesterday and they had some other brand SRP in the bigger boxes for $80/k -- quite a few of them
I decided to leave them for someone who needs them more than I do or someone who wants to store high priced goods

Latest posts

Top Bottom