Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wideners has Wolf primers in stock (1655 hrs 8/18). No telling how long they'll last but if you're quick you might be able to score some.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.. They want $32 per thousand or $150.00 per 5000 for wolf 209 shotshell primers... That is some funny stuff right there. Hell Dong's only charged $26.99 per thousand.

Hub

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure in the truth of it, but I was told by a shop owner here in town that the reason for the price increase(and the two shops here have some of the best prices around,esp. on guns) was that they were only receiving 3000 to 5000 primers at a time, even when they order 15000. Yet they have to pay the same hazmat fee, which gets broken down into the price they have to charge. If that is true, it stands to reason that $150 divided by 3 will raise the price instead of $150 divided by 15(just an example like he used).

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes hazmat fees do play a role in primers and powder for local retailers and you and I. What I was getting at, and I guess I should have been more specific, is that charging the same price for Wolf primers as for Say Remington STS Premier before shipping and hazmat is a bit ridiculous. Especially for a Primer that no one publishes load data for because of their extreme inconsistancy. The factory, powder manufacturers, Lyman, and independant labs do not publish Wolf 209 shotshell data and won't touch them with a 10 foot pole becuase of it. Now I am not saying not to use them, do what you want, but for me.. Thanks but no Thanks when I can buy a better, more established primer locally for less money.

Hub

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$26 per k for federal SPP and SRP at Graf and Son's, only about a 3 month wait.

i got 5k of each and 8# of powder so the haz mat wasn't so bad...

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will they ship your order all at once? Meaning, will they wait for the entire order to be in stock before shipping?

$26 per k for federal SPP and SRP at Graf and Son's, only about a 3 month wait.

i got 5k of each and 8# of powder so the haz mat wasn't so bad...

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will they ship your order all at once? Meaning, will they wait for the entire order to be in stock before shipping?

Yes because that would be 2 Hazmat fee if they shipped the powder and then shipped the primers. The hazmat fees are from the shipping company, not the person shipping the order.

Hub

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precisely why I asked. The fee's are charged by the shipper who is in turned charged by UPS. If they ship your order when the primers arrive and then ship the rest when the powder arrives you incurr 2 hazmat fee's. Most places won't hold your order until the backordered item is in stock, such as Wideners and Powder Valley. You pay for and receive what they have in stock and are charged the hazmat fee's for each portion of your order that is shipped.

Yes because that would be 2 Hazmat fee if they shipped the powder and then shipped the primers. The hazmat fees are from the shipping company, not the person shipping the order.

Hub

Latest posts

Top Bottom