Private Investigator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the PI training a few years ago when there was a movement to require a PI license to perform computer forensics. Never needed to get the license. I thought the training was good though, a lot of it was about the law, things like "reasonable suspicion" and "probable cause", powers of arrest, etc. Much of what was taught should be part of the education of every citizen.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the PI training a few years ago when there was a movement to require a PI license to perform computer forensics. Never needed to get the license. I thought the training was good though, a lot of it was about the law, things like "reasonable suspicion" and "probable cause", powers of arrest, etc. Much of what was taught should be part of the education of every citizen.

A very good point.
The time and thousands of dollars ,makes it not so available to Many.
The ones that need it the most...Education is not available.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PI gig is tough. It was pretty good for me during the Dot Com boom. Not so good after the bust. Sure not so good in this environment. I served summon's for the courts for 13 years. So I was able to pick up some cases in conjunction with that. But, with gas high. Serving papers did not pay good. Most lawyers are tightwads. Some were real slow pay. Repo'd for some banks. Did executive protection. I have not had a call to do any work in a year. But, I have other stuff going so I don't push it to hard. I hated to sit on house's. When you tell folk 50 bucks a hour. They don't call back now. My first name is Richard. Had a partner named Richard. We called ourselves the Two Dicks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The PI gig is tough. It was pretty good for me during the Dot Com boom. Not so good after the bust. Sure not so good in this environment. I served summon's for the courts for 13 years. So I was able to pick up some cases in conjunction with that. But, with gas high. Serving papers did not pay good. Most lawyers are tightwads. Some were real slow pay. Repo'd for some banks. Did executive protection. I have not had a call to do any work in a year. But, I have other stuff going so I don't push it to hard. I hated to sit on house's. When you tell folk 50 bucks a hour. They don't call back now. My first name is Richard. Had a partner named Richard. We called ourselves the Two Dicks.

"Two Dicks Private Investigators at your service ma'am, we charge $50/hr, satisfaction guaranteed". ............sounds catchy enough.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[/B]

A very good point.
The time and thousands of dollars ,makes it not so available to Many.
The ones that need it the most...Education is not available.

Should be part of the part of the junior high school curriculum. Way back when I was in 7th grade we went over a lot of it. Visited the Jackson County jail in Mo. as part of the class. I can still remember the smell. All 12-14 year old aught to get shown where they are headed if they don't play nice with others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be part of the part of the junior high school curriculum. Way back when I was in 7th grade we went over a lot of it. Visited the Jackson County jail in Mo. as part of the class. I can still remember the smell. All 12-14 year old aught to get shown where they are headed if they don't play nice with others.

Agree
I remember that too, weird lookin doods in that jail....old, fat, bald headed guys ...kinda scary... ;)

Needs a couple exposures of it ...to get it well ingrained

Latest posts

Top Bottom