pro knife sharpener in the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was wondering if there was any knife sharpeners in here to answer some questions. Would a Wen work or should i hold out and just pay the $ for a tormek? Do you do it for a bussiness or just as a hobby? this is just a few of the type of things i am wondering about. I am thinking of starting a business is why i am asking, another is to LLC or to not? what are the ups and downs of them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going intl business, do YOU want to be liable to law suit and loss of EVERYTHING?
Or do you want the BUSINESS liable?
This is why you LLC.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you wanting to forge/make knives? Or just re-sharpening knives as a service?

I’d recommend you dabble in it for a bit as a “sole proprietor” initially and see if you can build a customer base. If you start getting business flowing in then from there look into the LLC, business bank account, basic liability business insurance, etc

I love sharpening my knives and for friends/family. But I’m into hand sharpening with whetstones, not machine sharpeners. I wouldn’t put a $200 Japanese chef knife on one of those machines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom