Problem with new AR build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm gonna have him bring it back over in a little bit, the more I keep thinking about it, the more I think we HAVE to have put the hammer spring in backwards. I gotta pull it apart and check that first. There's just not many other possibilities.

I'll update when I know more.
That's my guess.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, I'm gonna have him bring it back over in a little bit, the more I keep thinking about it, the more I think we HAVE to have put the hammer spring in backwards. I gotta pull it apart and check that first. There's just not many other possibilities.

I'll update when I know more.

hammer spring 180 degrees out of phase

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even close at being an armorer, but I did spend Sunday night at a Holiday Inn Express (Warner Robins, GA).
I concur with checking the hammer spring:

But during Army Basic Training (41 years ago); It was repeated quite often, and quite forcefully about not mixing the bolt carrier group on your rifle (weapon) with another rifle (weapon) -- Headspace, but to be honest we were training with M16A1, that were not that new!!!!
It shouldn't be an issue using new quality components, but, maybe the parts were made Tuesday morning , after a 3 day holiday weekend.

Hope everything works out OK !!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom