Processing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After advice from all you guys, I have officially quartered my first deer. It took me about an hour with her laying on the ground. It was a buddy's doe. He gave me a strap and tenderloin for me doing it. Wasn't so bad!

Now, I am moving to the deer recipe thread. LOL

Got to get my own meat on the ground though.
Like everything else, it gets easier the more times you do it, congrats.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to convince the wife in need a Cabela’s Carnivore like Dennis recommended. I’m not having much luck. She can’t see the difference in the $100 dollar grinder and the Carnivore. I ain’t getting a cheap one. Learned that long ago. Buy once, cry once.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Throw out a few pairs of her favorite shoes, replace them with Payless copies. When she asks, tell her you "can't see the difference.."

I have a $100 dollar grinder, my cousin has the 3/4HP carnivore. The carnivore can cut an hr or two off your processing time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to convince the wife in need a Cabela’s Carnivore like Dennis recommended. I’m not having much luck. She can’t see the difference in the $100 dollar grinder and the Carnivore. I ain’t getting a cheap one. Learned that long ago. Buy once, cry once.
TRUST me! Fight to get the Carnivore! The difference is your time that you could be spending with the wife and kids in lieu of time on the grinder.
Approach it that way...HEHE.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm buying a Carnivore. I've heard Dennis' thoughts agreed to by way too many people. And I have a little electric stand alone, and it would just piss you off if you tried to do a whole deer's worth of grinding. It's good for about 3lbs at a time and that's it.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm buying a Carnivore. I've heard Dennis' thoughts agreed to by way too many people. And I have a little electric stand alone, and it would just piss you off if you tried to do a whole deer's worth of grinding. It's good for about 3lbs at a time and that's it.
Another plus to Cabela’s branded products is that they carry a lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom