PRODUCT REVIEW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i haven't turned a feeder on in over five years. we just dump it on the ground. i think tlbnlawton is right. my son likes to walk the bag out or kick it around and i've just been making piles. when we go back and look, what he walked out is gone and my piles have been eaten on but it looks like they go for the corn that was spread out first. i just realized this, so thank you tblnlawton! going to pick up some corn today.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if you don't have one these lights get you one they are very very bright. I am still using the same c batteries from last year. It is about $70

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 146

kilowm

New to the site!
Reaction score
My opinion, Primos products are great. Wildgame Innovations I'm not impressed. Tinks for scent has never let me down. I'm pretty basic when I hit the field, backpack, rattlers, grunt call and either sit in a blind or stand depending on the season or location.
The cheap Moultrie game cam for $49 at Walmart works great. Easy set up good night pics etc.
As far as attractants go, save yourself some money before the season starts and buy this and mix it together.
3 50lb Bag range mineral
1 50lb bag crushed rock salt
1 50lb bag sweet feed
1 50lb bag alfalfa pellets
1 50lb bag corn
1 container of dry fruit punch mix
total spent around $40
Mix everything together in a 50 gal barrel / you"l need a lid to keep everything dry
Once all mixed together take to the field to your hunting area all year, Dig up the ground and pour a 5 gal bucket of this mix in the hole, this will act like a mineral lick, plus the corn and alfalfa will keep the deer coming back. The deer will dig a hole in the spot and eat the dirt plus all the corn and alfalfa pelletts. They will do this year round
Important to do this year round and not just before hunting season. The deer need the mineral to aid in antler growth, plus they actually crave the salt. The sweet feed and pellets and corn are also something they will comeback for year round to the same spot. Good place to stick a game cam up for year found patterning of your deer on your hunting area.

I quit buying all the small bag attractants once i figured out this mixture and it saved me a ton of money.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today was the first time I used a Stealth Cam sd card reader when checking my game cam. Hooked it up to my iPhone, inserted the sd card, and scrolled thru the pictures. There's a free app that has to be downloaded to use the reader. While looking thru about 600 pictures that app shut down 3 times. That was annoying but the convenience was nice. I was able to go thru them while I hunted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today was the first time I used a Stealth Cam sd card reader when checking my game cam. Hooked it up to my iPhone, inserted the sd card, and scrolled thru the pictures. There's a free app that has to be downloaded to use the reader. While looking thru about 600 pictures that app shut down 3 times. That was annoying but the convenience was nice. I was able to go thru them while I hunted.

I have that reader, and have the same issues with it crashing.
It's so convenient that I overlook that issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom