Project Appleseed Comes to Stillwater! Feb. 22-23, 2014 -- Camo Corner gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap I'm going to be on a ski trip on these dates, but I would still like to know the info above?

Also when will next class be held?

Thanks

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question adluginb. One of the things you will learn at Appleseed is that 4 MOA is 4 MOA, whether you're shooting at 25m or 500 yards. Most of the Appleseed course is geared towards getting shooters capable of consistently shooting to this standard. Once you can shoot to that standard at 25m, shooting out to 500 yards is just a matter of ranging, and compensating for bullet drop and wind. We teach techniques for how to do this at every Appleseed, regardless of whether we have the facilities available to actually put it into practice. An Appleseed teaches all the skills you need to control the Rifleman's Quarter Mile -- whether you take that knowledge and actually shoot to that standard is up to you!

At ranges where we have at least 400 yards available, we shoot the full distance AQT. For ranges like Camo Corner that have a 100 yard range available, we can do a 100 yard AQT fired at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards, which gives .22s more or less the same type of elevation and wind adjustment that a center fire would have to do on the full 400 yard AQT. We do the best we can with whatever facilities we have available.

The next shoot will be at USSA in Tulsa on April 19-20 (the Anniversary of Lexington and Concord)! Check the Appleseed website for all the other Oklahoma Appleseed dates: www.appleseedinfo.org

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
At ranges where we have at least 400 yards available, we shoot the full distance AQT. For ranges like Camo Corner that have a 100 yard range available, we can do a 100 yard AQT fired at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards, which gives .22s more or less the same type of elevation and wind adjustment that a center fire would have to do on the full 400 yard AQT. We do the best we can with whatever facilities we have available.

The next shoot will be at USSA in Tulsa on April 19-20 (the Anniversary of Lexington and Concord)! Check the Appleseed website for all the other Oklahoma Appleseed dates: www.appleseedinfo.org

Hope we get to do all three in April! The 100yd AQT would be a hoot to shoot with a pistol caliber carbine.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the USSA shoot in April, we will be doing a full distance AQT using the 300 yard range. To simulate the 400 yard stage, we will use the top silhouette from a 25m AQT and shoot it at 100 yards... same standard of accuracy required. Like I said, we do the best we can with the facilities available. The only way we'd do a 100 yard AQT there is if nobody brings a center fire and wants to shoot full distance... which I don't anticipate happening!

As for that shirt, I've never seen one. I'm guessing it is a custom one that the instructors in some state had made. We had some unique shirts for the Oklahoma cadre made a while back too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being serious here... If most work is done at 25m. How does that make you able to shoot at 500m without practicing it?

Thanks

Appleseed teaches fundamentals, and the fundamentals are the same at 25 and 400.

The concepts of natural point of aim, breathing, trigger control etc...don't change based on range. The only thing you have to add/correct for is the trajectory of your bullet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom