Project Appleseed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been hoping they’d come to Tulsa. Top notch from what I’ve heard.👍

I wouldn’t mind attending with a couple of grandkids

2ALibtard

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been hoping they’d come to Tulsa. Top notch from what I’ve heard.👍

I wouldn’t mind attending with a couple of grandkids
Yeah, it looks like Tri-City Gun Club did some events with them in the past, but there isn’t anything scheduled in Oklahoma at the moment.

Might have to check them out when they have another course here.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to three and enjoy them. I like not only the instruction, but the history they present from the revolutionary war. For someone who knew nothing about rifle marksmanship, I found them very helpful.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken their course. I had never used a sling as a shooting support. It was a very good training class. The history lessons were very interesting as well! Well worth the minor cost!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been twice, I took my son with me to one of them. I would say it is very worthwhile but like anything else, you only get out of it what you put into it. If rain is in the forecast, bring a rain suit because they only stop for severe weather. Very strict on safety (good thing).

There was a lawyer fella on here that used to be an Appleseed instructor (henschman I believe) but I don't think he's active here any longer. You will probably have to travel to another state if you want to attend one.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of times… it’s interesting and fun. Once you go through the instruction you basically repeat the shooting portion over and over with little break in between. It certainly adds to the pressure of shooting for score. Each time that I’ve taken it, it’s been on the reduced distance course, I wouldn’t bother shooting anything other than a 22lr and make sure it’s up to shooting a high volume of rounds with precision.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody taken marksmanship classes through Project Appleseed? Worth the time?

Are there better options for improving marksmanship skills?

It's the absolute "best bang for the buck" when it comes to rifle training. Take the course, save the handouts you get, and practice the fundamentals regularly. It will make you a better shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom