Project complete...S&W 627 Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's sharp looking.

What's the benefitof skeletonizing the hammer? I've never seen it done before and it seems like it would allow more gunk into the action.

Lightening the hammer aids in faster lock time and less mass means faster, harder hammer strikes to the firing pin which helps pop primers at lower trigger weights. The interior of the frame honestly hasn't appeared to be any dirtier than any of my guns with OEM hammers installed. I also have a second Carmoney style hammer that my brother modified (shown in second photo below...named after Mike Carmoney), but the cut would allow debris to fall down behind the hammer so it is not at all optimal for a carry gun. Perfectly fine for a comp gun though.

cTYiXK7h.jpg

Uui7zFRh.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice rig man. I just so happens I have shot that gun a few times. I liked it and I dont even like revolvers. Didnt yall do some trading?

Thanks Brad. Yep, he wanted an A2 HBAR that I was planning to trade towards a Model 17. This was the much better route to go. I doubt that I would have had much luck swapping the rifle up at Wanenmacher anyway. Maybe you'll get to shoot the rifle soon too...lol.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Brad. Yep, he wanted an A2 HBAR that I was planning to trade towards a Model 17. This was the much better route to go. I doubt that I would have had much luck swapping the rifle up at Wanenmacher anyway. Maybe you'll get to shoot the rifle soon too...lol.

You are correct. And, ha, I have already shot the rifle. Nice gun. I like the way that longer gas length feels.