Propane Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like I'd better get mine filled. Home is total electric but the new shop has a propane central heat unit in one corner with ducts to move the heat around the shop. Only have a 108 gallon, 88 gallon and a 100 lb bottle hooked up with a manifold. It typically lasts me two years.
Put in a double barrel wood burner stove with a propane starter using a 20lb bottle last year. It gets that shop so hot that the propane system was never used. I'd have to open windows and crack the garage door sometimes to get the place to cool down. Ceiling fans to distribute the heat.
The propane will just be for a backup. Our trees that self prune in winds, etc will keep the wood burner supplied just fine.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys got me wondering how long a 500 gallon tank or propane lasts. The length of time depends on many factors, size of home, how cold it gets etc. I found and it probably is incorrect and if so correct me please but 7 months is about average on a good year..

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys got me wondering how long a 500 gallon tank or propane lasts. The length of time depends on many factors, size of home, how cold it gets etc. I found and it probably is incorrect and if so correct me please but 7 months is about average on a good year..
i use aprox 800 gallon a year. central heat tankless hot water and cook stove.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like I'd better get mine filled. Home is total electric but the new shop has a propane central heat unit in one corner with ducts to move the heat around the shop. Only have a 108 gallon, 88 gallon and a 100 lb bottle hooked up with a manifold. It typically lasts me two years.
Put in a double barrel wood burner stove with a propane starter using a 20lb bottle last year. It gets that shop so hot that the propane system was never used. I'd have to open windows and crack the garage door sometimes to get the place to cool down. Ceiling fans to distribute the heat.
The propane will just be for a backup. Our trees that self prune in winds, etc will keep the wood burner supplied just fine.
a friendly caution,,,,,, be careful with the bottles. if they tip and supply liquid instead of vapor you will have a fire out of control pdq

Magmaviper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a company around the Tulsa area that is better than the others? I'm just about done building a new house and we need to get a propane tank and someone to deliver propane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom