Propane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take propane any day over all electric or NG...especially for cooking. With a full propane tank and a backup propane heater and kitchen range I don't have to worry about heat/cooking during a power outage. I still have the electric furnace but I s**tcanned that electric kitchen range as soon as I could. I just hate them.

I'll fill my 500 when prices are cheap and it'll last me all season. I use the electric furnace in the morning to get the house up to a comfortable temp and then the propane fireplace keeps it there all day.

I'd like to have a woodstove but it impacts insurance rates too much. I have a pretty much unlimited supply of free firewood.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Propane or a secondary source of warmth would of course secure a families well being.

Living full time in our RV, we rely on LPG and supplement it with electric heating. During the day, we use the electric fireplace and one Lasko electric heater in the living area of the RV. When I go to bed, the electric devices get turned off and the LPG furnaces get us through the night. That also keeps the underbelly area warm so that the plumbing there doesn't freeze up.

As for the LPG tank, ours is a 250 gallon one and it only gets filled but about twice a year. And, even as low as -16 degrees outside, we stayed comfortable inside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom