proper scope for a stag super varminter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
im building my own stag super varminter lower ,and would like an opinion on a scope to put on the upper when it finally gets here . ive been partial to nikon stuff in the past so lets hear what the masses have to say

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
IMG_20130113_124723.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i have the nikon p-223 on my coyote gun. it has lines on the reticle for 2,4 and 600 yards. i went with the fixed 3 power for weight savings and the compact size. the make a 3-9x40 with the same ballistic lines but its normal size. those varmint uppers are heavy enough by themselves. i tried the burris p.e.p.r. mount but the scope is to small to fit in the solid mount design. went with luepold medium high detachable rings. its about as low as you can go and still center the reticle.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been eying a few used Bushnell Elite tactical 3.5-21 with the G2DMR reticle for a similar build. They are going for about $1100 secondhand. I like the idea of a single piece mount for a scoped AR as well.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is it's intended use? Prarie dogs? Paper? Coyotes?

FWIW, I hung a Leopold VXIII 6.5-20X on my RRA 24" Varminter. Needed a rail to mount on the flattop receiver so the scope could go forward enough to allow eye relief with a good stock weld (I like my nose just touching the charging handle). If you end up using a rail, factor the additional height into your mounting to ensure you get the correct height rings.

Definitely need a bipod and bags.

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
update i finally got stag to let me order my upper and two stripped lowers from them and it seems they have a new system in place that goes like this. dealers are allowed to order 10 uppers and 10 lowers and then they have to wait a period of time and stag will let dealer order more. so now i gotta wait they didnt give me a lead time got my fingers crossed

Latest posts

Top Bottom