Property owner again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're young enough, you'll enjoy working the land and cleaning up the remnants of the previous occupants. No one should bother you to there and it's yours! Plus, you can shoot a gun out there without neighbors complaining.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What it do and just may be doing on a couple years. IF you have a tractor and other tools and equipment you will be keeping on site I would buy a nice used or even new high cube 40' shipping container and fab a better locking system on it. Put it in a location that it could possibly remain once your home and other out buildings. Then build a basic wood roof structure over the container and extending out over one side 12'-16' for a sort of covered lean-to storage area. Store tools and your tractor inside the container when you are not on the property and less valuable materials under the covered area next to the container.

I'd then setup some sort of wireless camera system or Wireless game camera system for security concerns. A nice used 5th wheel or larger travel trailer wired to allow 50amp service from existing power on the property. THis for use of A/C and heaters when needed as well as other functions the RV has and for other power tool usage.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What it do and just may be doing on a couple years. IF you have a tractor and other tools and equipment you will be keeping on site I would buy a nice used or even new high cube 40' shipping container and fab a better locking system on it. Put it in a location that it could possibly remain once your home and other out buildings. Then build a basic wood roof structure over the container and extending out over one side 12'-16' for a sort of covered lean-to storage area. Store tools and your tractor inside the container when you are not on the property and less valuable materials under the covered area next to the container.

I'd then setup some sort of wireless camera system or Wireless game camera system for security concerns. A nice used 5th wheel or larger travel trailer wired to allow 50amp service from existing power on the property. THis for use of A/C and heaters when needed as well as other functions the RV has and for other power tool usage.

With regards to the use of an RV, unless one is willing to haul it to town to dump the tanks, one would also need a septic tank set-up. Since one will probably need one for the home, locate the septic tank near where one would park the RV.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

My goodness. I need to proof read my writings.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy some goats.

With regards to Big50's comment, look into "renting" goats. It has been many years ago, but I remember a trip to Missouri years ago when I was told that some folks rent out goats for land clearing. The only issue might be that one would have to erect some temporary fencing in different places to keep them contained to the area one wanted cleared.

That may be more trouble than it's worth.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I dun gon an dun it agin!

Bought just under 10 acres outside Claremore.

It’s beautiful property, but needs some trash cleanup. More on that later. Has some cross fencing, which I’ll be evaluating to see what’s good, what needs repair/replacement, and what I want to just remove.

There was a house on it, which burned, so there's existing utilities: septic, rural water, electric. Which was a big plus.

The downside, is that there is still some rubble left of the house, and the resident left a fair amount of trash here and there over the property.

I also bought a Kubota 30hp diesel 4x4 tractor with loader, that included a brush hog and disc.

I’m looking at getting some kind of ATV and a smallish trailer with taller sides so I can pull it around for the trash cleanup.

I won’t be building on it for 6 mo to a year.

I’d like to get some pictures soon, if I can get some decent pictures I’ll post a couple on here. For now all I’ve got is one of the driveway.
View attachment 149625

Any bits of wisdom from the forum on property cleanup or things you wish you did right away?

Congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom