Property owner again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Buy some goats.

With regards to Big50's comment, look into "renting" goats. It has been many years ago, but I remember a trip to Missouri years ago when I was told that some folks rent out goats for land clearing. The only issue might be that one would have to erect some temporary fencing in different places to keep them contained to the area one wanted cleared.

That may be more trouble than it's worth.

I've not worked with the meat goats, but my parents had dairy goats, and they were a pain to keep inside fences. I've heard the meat goats are a bit mellower. Might be something to consider, since they'll get to brush and stuff where it would be hard to mow.

Where at around Claremore?

If you can, do your cleanup now through spring (you'll have less foliage and obstacles to contend with).

I'd sure like to get the cleanup done now, but still got some remodeling to do. I think I'll get some cleanup and some mowing done before this spring, then finish next winter.

Pretty much between Pryor and Claremore. I checked google, and it's the same distance to the Walmart in either town. Since that's a common measure. :)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not worked with the meat goats, but my parents had dairy goats, and they were a pain to keep inside fences. I've heard the meat goats are a bit mellower. Might be something to consider, since they'll get to brush and stuff where it would be hard to mow.
My brother has goats, but I'm not sure if they're meat or dairy (some kind of Nubian, I think), although they were milking at least one of the mama goats. He ran field fence with a hot wire along the top, and they haven't been too difficult to keep inside the fence. (He also uses a two-strand hot wire to section off the pasture; the goats and cattle both respect that fence.)

He says they're really good edgers, at least outside of the fenceline, but they won't eat the hay that they pulled out of the feeder onto the ground. If he picks it up and puts it back in the feeder they'll eat it, but not if it's on the ground...:screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom